美剧精讲《吸血鬼日记》第一季第16集第9期:借机逃跑
日期:2016-06-11 15:40

(单词翻译:单击)

吸血鬼日记

At least they're having fun.They're drunk.

至少他们玩得很开心 他们是喝醉了

Remember when Elena's parents busted us here after homecoming?

还记得返校日那天 埃琳娜的爸妈 和我们撞个正着吗


Oh, my God, yes! We were wasted.It was the first time I ever got drunk.I blame Matt.

天啊 是 我记得 我们都喝晕了 那是我有史以来第一次醉酒 都怪马特

Her parents got seated at the next booth.

她爸妈坐在了旁边座位上

Oh, and Matt had me pretend that I was choking so we could get away.

然后马特就让我假装噎住了 好借机逃跑

Except her dad was a doctor,so, he jumped up to save her.

可惜她爸是医生 于是他跳过来想救她

And I ran and slipped on the wet floor and bit it.

我拔腿就跑 在湿地板上滑倒了 摔了个嘴啃泥

In front of everyone.Do you remember that?

当着所有人的面啊 你还记得吗

3 stitches, a hangover for days,and I was grounded from seeing this one for a week.

缝了三针 大醉不醒 还一星期不许见这个家伙

Well, I'm gonna go to the restroom.Elena?Quick, hide. We're not here.

我要去一下洗手间 埃琳娜 赶紧 躲起来 假装我们不在这儿

Why? Where'd we go?Children under our care at 5:00 o'clock.

为什么 我们要去哪儿 那些小屁孩就在五点钟方向

This is not role modelish.Damn.

我们现在可不是什么好榜样 该死

Ok, so, uh, what made you and your mom decide to stay in town?

那你和你妈妈为什么决定留下来

Oh, she got this business opportunity.She's gonna open up a little store.

她正好碰到桩好生意 她要开个小店

It's always be her dream.So, yeah, we're staying.

这是她一直以来的梦想 所以 我们就留下来啦

And I'm thinking about going back to high school.

我正在考虑回学校读高中

So, you'll be seeing a lot more of me.Oh, yeah?Enough of home schooling.

所以呢 你以后会经常见到我的 真的吗 我受够在家自学了

You know? I'd like to be a normal teen for once.

也想当一次普通的青少年

But I have to ask my mom first. She'll have an opinion.

不过得先征求我妈同意 她来做决定

Yeah, well, I wish you were there now.I actually have to write another paper.

我早就盼着你回来了 我还得再写篇论文

I was thinking about squeezing one more out on the vampires of mystic falls.Really?

我正琢磨着继续挖掘 神秘瀑布镇上吸血鬼的故事 真的吗

Haven't you exhausted the subject?No. No, I want to go deeper, you know?

那题材还没挖完? 当然没有 我想深入挖掘 你明白吗

I want to understand why people were labeled as vampires back in the day.

我想知道 当年那些人为什么被叫做吸血鬼

I mean, maybe there is such a thing as vampires.

我是说 也许吸血鬼真的存在呢

They're just different from the way we always thought they were.What do you mean?

只是跟世人的成见不太一样 什么意思

重点讲解

1、pretend

假装;伪装;装作

I pretend that things are really okay when they're not.

当情况不好的时候我假装一切顺利。

Sometimes the boy pretended to be asleep.

有时这个男孩会假装睡着了。

(做游戏等时)假装,假扮,装扮

She can sunbathe and pretend she's in Spain.

她可以晒晒太阳,假装自己是在西班牙。

The children pretend to be different animals dancing to the music.

孩子们扮成不同的动物,随着音乐起舞。

自诩;自称;自以为

We do not pretend that the past six years have been without problems for us.

我们并不自夸在过去的6年中没有遇到任何问题。

Within this lecture I cannot pretend to deal adequately with dreams.

在这一次讲座中,我不敢自诩能对梦境作透彻的分析。


2、open up

(使)(地方、经济、兴趣领域等)开放

As the market opens up, I think people are going to be able to spend more money on consumer goods.

随着市场的放开,我认为人们将能够增加用于消费品的支出。

He said he wanted to see how Albania was opening up to the world.

他说他想看看阿尔巴尼亚是如何对外开放的。

(使)(机会、可能性等)出现;(使)产生

It was also felt that the collapse of the system opened up new possibilities.

人们也认为这一制度的崩溃带来了各种新的可能性。

New opportunities are opening up for investors who want a more direct stake in overseas companies.

希望更加直接地参股海外公司的投资者获得了新的机会。

畅谈;无拘无束地谈;自由自在地谈

Lorna found that people were willing to open up to her.

洛娜发现人们愿意对她畅所欲言。

分享到