美剧精讲《吸血鬼日记》第一季第19集第7期:重获自由
日期:2016-07-25 20:44

(单词翻译:单击)

吸血鬼日记

She believed in community,Family, honor and loyalty.

她信奉社区 家庭 荣誉和忠诚

It's the legacy she left for me.

这是她留给我的遗训

Hey, partner.What do you want?

你好 拍档 你来干什么


You haven't returned any of my calls.Most people take that as a hint.

你都不回我的电话 正常人会理解成我不想搭理你

Why don't we start looking for vampires?

为什么我们不开始寻找吸血鬼

Why the act, John?I mean, you obviously don't care about catching vampires,Since you're here talking to me.

约翰 你的动机是什么 你显然不关心捕捉吸血鬼的事 因为你都跑来跟我说话

Actually, I care very much.What did Isobel say about that?I mean, considering that she is one.

事实上 我很关心 伊泽贝尔对此有何看法 我是指 考虑到她就是一个

Isobel and I share a mutual interest.

伊泽贝尔和我都对一件事感兴趣

The original Johnathan Gilbert had an invention That was stolen by a vampire.

老乔纳森·吉尔伯特有一项发明 但被一个吸血鬼偷走了

That vampire was then burned alive In Fell's Church, or so Johnathan thought.

那个吸血鬼被烧死在费尔教堂里 至少乔纳森是这么想的

And the invention was lost forever.

之后这个发明就永远消失了

But then the vampires weren't killed, were they?They were trapped.

但是 吸血鬼们并没有死对吧 只是被困住了

And now they're free, thanks to you,Which means the invention is retrievable.

而且拜你所赐 他们现在重获自由 这就意味着那个发明有处可寻

Well, what is it?The only thing that matters is that I want it back,

是什么东西 唯一要紧的是我想找回它

And you're going to help me if you want your secret safe.

你要想保住秘密就必须帮我

I mean, why bring me into it, John?I mean, I don't even know what you're talking about,Much less who has it.

约翰 为什么把我扯进来 我是说 我都不知道那是什么东西 更不知道在谁手里

Oh, come on, Damon.You were around back then.

得了吧 达蒙 那时候你在镇上

You know who these people are, what they look like.

你知道他们是谁 长什么样子

He was friendly with a woman Who turned out to be a vampire.

乔纳森曾和一位女士走的很近 可结果她却是个吸血鬼

Her name was Pearl.Does that ring a bell?

她叫珍珠 想起点什么了吗

词汇解析

1、obvious

明显的;显然的;无疑的

the need to rectify what is an obvious injustice.

矫正明显不公的需要

Determining how the Democratic challenger would conduct his presidency isn't quite so obvious.

这位民主党挑战者将如何履行总统职务还不能明确判断。

不必要的;无新意的;缺乏想象力的

There are some very obvious phrases that we all know or certainly should know better than to use.

我们都知道或是肯定应该知道有些说法已毫无新意,最好避免使用。


2、trap

圈套;诡计;骗局

He failed to keep a rendezvous after sensing a police trap

他察觉到警方设了圈套以后就没有如约会面。

He was trying to decide whether the question was some sort of a trap.

他试图判断那个问题是不是个套。

诱骗;使上当;使中计

Were you just trying to trap her into making some admission?

你刚才是想诱使她供认吗?

She had trapped him so neatly that he wanted to slap her.

她骗他骗得如此干净利落,他恨不得给她一记耳光。

使困住;使受限制

The train was trapped underground by a fire.

列车被大火困在地下。

The light aircraft then cartwheeled, trapping both men.

这架轻型飞机接着一个侧翻,把两个人都困住了。

分享到