美剧精讲《吸血鬼日记》第一季第12集第4期:都想知道真相
日期:2016-03-29 16:00

(单词翻译:单击)

吸血鬼日记

I can't believe you're adopted.I never saw that coming, and it gets weirder.

真难相信你是被收养的 我也没想到 更奇怪的是

I looked at my birth certificate.It lists Miranda and Grayson Gilbert as my birthparents.

我看了我的出生证 上面写米兰达和格雷森·吉尔伯特夫妇就是我的生父母


None of them makes any sense.Which is why you should ask Jenna.

根本说不通呀 所以你该去问问珍娜

First of all, Elena I know we would always want the real truth, good or bad.

首先 埃琳娜 我知道不管好坏 我们都想知道真相

And second of all?You just found out your boyfriend is a vampire,So unless your birthparents are aliens.

那第二呢 你刚发现你的男朋友是吸血鬼 所以除非你的生父母是外星人

How bad could it be?Ah, ok, look, I have to go to the store.

要不还能糟到哪去 好吧 我得去商店一趟

My outfit for the dance is severely lacking accessories.

我得为舞裙找些配饰

All right. I'll pay the bill.Ok. Bye.Bye.What do you want from me?

好的 我来付账吧 好 再见 再见 你想干什么

I think we need a fresh start.You tried to kill me.But I didn't, and if I wanted to, I would have.

我想我们需要重新认识一下 你曾试图杀了我 但我没杀 如果我真想 你早死了

Does that not count for anything?You know, I can start fires with my mind.

那还不够诚意吗 你知道我能用意念放火吧

Fires kill vampires, right?Just stay the hell away from me.

火可以杀死吸血鬼 对吧 你他妈的离我远一些

Everything ok over here?Yeah, we're fine.I wasn't talkin' to you.

没什么事吧 是的 没事 我没和你说话

Thank you.Any time, Bonnie.Wait. You remember me?I didn't graduate that long ago.

多谢 随时愿意效劳 邦妮 等等 你记得我吗 我毕业也没多久吧

You're makin' me feel old.Sorry. I didn't I didn't mean that. I just I didn't know you knew me.

你让我觉得我好老 抱歉 我不 我不是那个意思 我只是 以为你不认识我

I always know a pretty face.Hello.Hello, Elena.

我总是能记住漂亮的脸蛋 你好 你好呀 埃琳娜

Hey, who's this?You hit me with your car.Is that a new one?You got away from me.You won't next time.

你是谁 你用车撞了我 又换了辆新车吗 上次让你跑了 下次就不会了

重点讲解

1、adopt

采取;采纳;采用

Parliament adopted a resolution calling for the complete withdrawal of troops.

议会采纳了要求全部撤军的决议。

Pupils should be helped to adopt a positive approach to the environment.

应帮助学生对环境采取积极的态度。

收养;领养

There are hundreds of people desperate to adopt a child.

有数以百计的人渴望领养孩子。

The adopted child has the right to see his birth certificate.

被收养的孩子有权看自己的出生证明。

移居(某国);选择(某国)定居

Podulski had joined the U.S. Navy as an aviator, adopting a new country and a new profession.

波度尔斯基加入美国海军当上了飞行员,不仅改了国籍还换了行当。

their adopted home in England.

他们移居英国的家


2、severe

十分严重的;极为恶劣的

a business with severe cash flow problems.

有严重资金周转问题的公司

I suffered from severe bouts of depression.

我曾患有严重的抑郁症。

(惩罚、批评)严厉的,严重的,苛刻的

This was a dreadful crime and a severe sentence is necessary.

这一罪行十分恶劣,必须要重判。

Before she could reply, my mother launched into a severe reprimand.

她还没来得及回答,我妈妈就开始严厉地训斥起她来。

分享到
重点单词
  • reprimandv. & n. 训诫,谴责 vt. 责难 n. 申诉
  • approachn. 接近; 途径,方法 v. 靠近,接近,动手处理
  • environmentn. 环境,外界
  • adoptv. 采用,收养,接受
  • desperateadj. 绝望的,不顾一切的
  • resolutionn. 决心,决定,坚决,决议,解决,分辨率
  • depressionn. 沮丧,萧条
  • severeadj. 剧烈的,严重的,严峻的,严厉的,严格的
  • withdrawaln. 撤退,退回,取消