美剧精讲《吸血鬼日记》第二季第5集第7期:放弃我们的感情
日期:2017-01-07 21:59

(单词翻译:单击)

吸血鬼日记

Look, I know vampires exist,and you have 2 of them living right under your nose.

我知道吸血鬼是真实存在的 而且有两个就活在你眼皮底下

Really? Yeah.And who would they be?Damon and Stefan Salvatore.

是吗 真的 哪两个 塞尔瓦托兄弟 达蒙和斯特凡


That's impossible.I know Damon Salvatore.Do you know what he's done for this town?

不可能 我很了解达蒙·塞尔瓦托 你知道他为这个镇付出了多少吗

I know it's a lot to digest.No, no, no. I have watched him kill vampires.

我知道这很难以接受 不不不 我亲眼见过他杀吸血鬼

He's an ally. He's part of the council.

他是我们的人 是委员会的一员

Think about it.When did the vampire attacks begin?

好好想想 吸血鬼攻击人是从何时开始的

When Damon and Stefan Salvatore moved to town?

达蒙和斯特凡又是何时搬进来的

They walk in the sun, Mason.They've evolved. It's not 1864.They've figured it out, Liz.

他们能在阳光下行走 梅森 他们变了 现在不是1864年了 他们找到了办法 莉兹

No.Damon Salvatore is my friend.

不会的 达蒙·塞尔瓦托是我朋友

What if I can prove it to you?

要是我能证明给你看呢

So, suddenly,she's in the running for mother of the year,just when I'm trying to avoid her the most.

结果 突然间 她对我大献殷勤 都能当选年度最佳母亲了 可现在偏偏是我最想回避她的时候

I'm babbling.You don't want to hear all this.

我太啰嗦了 你不想听这些

Oh, um. No. I'm sorry.Then what happened?

没有 抱歉 后来怎么样了

Well, I was a bitch,which is par for the course with us.

我挺过分的 不过我跟她经常这样

So, how are things with you and Stefan?Anything?

你和斯特凡怎么样了 有联系吗

No, not since the fight.He's been pushing me away because he thinks that Katherine might get jealous enough to hurt me.

没有 自从那次吵架之后就没有了 他一直在躲避我 因为他觉得 凯瑟琳可能会吃醋 然后会伤害我

I just don't know how to change his mind.

我还不知道怎么改变他的想法

You said that Katherine's dangerous.Maybe he's got a point.

你刚刚说凯瑟琳很危险 也许他是对的

Yeah, I know that she's dangerous,and I know that he's just trying to protect me.But it feels like giving up.

是的 我知道她很危险 我也知道他只是想保护我 但感觉像是他放弃了我们的感情

And I--I just...Just what?I just thought that we were stronger than that.

我..我...怎么 我本来以为我们没这么脆弱的

词汇解析

1、evolve

进化;演变

The bright plumage of many male birds has evolved to attract females.

很多雄鸟进化出鲜艳的羽毛是为了吸引雌鸟。

Maize evolved from a wild grass in Mexico.

玉米是从墨西哥的一种野生禾本植物进化而来的。

(使)逐步发展;(使)演化

a tiny airline which eventually evolved into Pakistan International Airlines.

最终发展成巴基斯坦国际航空公司的一家小型航空公司

Popular music evolved from folk songs.

流行音乐从民歌演变而来。


2、give up

放弃;戒除

Coastguards had given up all hope of finding the two divers alive.

海岸警卫队对两位潜水员生还已完全不抱希望。

smokers who give up before 30.

30岁以前戒烟的人

辞去(工作)

She gave up her job to join her husband's campaign.

她辞去工作,加入到丈夫的宣传活动中。

He is thinking of giving up teaching.

他在考虑辞去教书的工作。

把…让给

Georgia refuses to give up any territory.

格鲁吉亚拒绝出让任何领土。

One of the men with him gave up his place on the bench.

他的一个同伴将长椅上的位子让了出来。

分享到
重点单词
  • popularadj. 流行的,大众的,通俗的,受欢迎的
  • maizen. 玉米
  • avoidvt. 避免,逃避
  • masonn. 泥瓦匠 Mason: 共济会会员
  • impossibleadj. 不可能的,做不到的 adj. 无法忍受的
  • eventuallyadv. 终于,最后
  • allyn. 同盟者,同盟国,伙伴 v. (使)结盟,(使)联合
  • campaignn. 运动,活动,战役,竞选运动 v. 从事运动,参加竞
  • evolvev. 进展,进化,展开
  • territoryn. 领土,版图,领域,范围