美剧精讲《吸血鬼日记》第一季第9集第5期:试着改变现状
日期:2016-01-27 17:50

(单词翻译:单击)

吸血鬼日记

Don't worry about it.I'm not him.Clean slate.Now...

别担心 我跟他不同 旧账统统清掉 现在

Let's talk about grades.

我们谈谈成绩吧

I know it's been a rough couple of months,

我知道近几个月我表现不怎么好


But I've been... I've been trying to turn them around.

但是我已经试着改变现状了

Yeah, I saw that,But the problem is We're halfway through a semester,

是的 看得出来 但是问题是 我们这学期已经过去一半了

And half a fail is still pretty bleak.

半途而挂也挺惨的

This is the part where you say to me,"What can I do to? I wanna change that."

所以你接下来该说 "我该怎么办才能通过这门课"

Well, I'm glad you asked.How do you feel about extra credit?

很好 我很高兴你问 加点额外学分怎么样

Yeah. Yeah, totally. Whatever.

好 求之不得 让我做什么都行

Good. Write me a paper then.Ok. About what?History.

很好 那写一篇论文交给我吧 没问题 关于什么的 历史

Pick a topic. Keep it local.No Wikipedia Regurgita.

找个话题 关于本地的 不准照搬维基百科上的东西

These old towns have a lot of rich history,

老城镇都有着悠久的历史

So just get your hands dirty,Make it sing, and you're back on track.

多动手去查找吧 优秀的话 就可以顺利通过了

Deal?Uh, yeah. Deal.That's a, uh... that's a cool ring.

成交吗 当然 说定了 那个 那戒指真酷

Oh, thanks. It was my father's.Heh. Llittle garish, but family.

哦 谢谢 是我父亲的 有点花哨 但也算传家宝啦

You know.You've got a week.Hey.Hey. What is that?What is what?

你懂的 给你一星期的时间 嘿 嘿 那是什么意思 什么是什么意思

The "hey."It was twice. That is 2 heys. That...

那个 嘿 两次了 你说了两个嘿

Do you have any other words in your vocabulary?

难道你就不会说些别的吗

What's wrong with "hey"?It reeks of awkward subtext.

说嘿又怎么了 让人觉得话里有话

You spent the night in my bed,There was cuddling, and then you snuck out before dawn

你在我床上共度一夜 抱着我 却在黎明时溜走了

So you wouldn't have to face me,Which I must say is a total lame guy Move that I did not appreciate

就为了避免面对我 我不得不说你的行为很差劲 让我很瞧不起

And now with the heys?Seriously? I mean,I may have been some pathetic,

现在跟我说嘿 没搞错吧 我是说 那天在派对上我可能像

Insecure mess at the party But do not mistake that for me being a pushover,

一个毫无安全感的可怜虫 但别误认为我就是一个好哄的人

Because I do not let guys mess with my head anymore.

因为我再也不会让男人控制我了

重点讲解

1、turn around

(使)调转方向;(使)转向

Bud turned the truck around, and started back for Dalton Pond.

巴德把卡车掉头,开始返回多尔顿池。

He had reached over to turn round a bottle of champagne so that the label didn't show.

他伸手把香槟转了一下,这样它的商标就不会露出来。

(使)复苏;(使)好转

Turning the company around won't be easy.

盘活那家公司绝非易事。

In his long career at BP, Horton turned around two entire divisions.

霍顿在英国石油公司漫长的职业生涯中曾经让两个部门整体上起死回生。

改变(问题、句子或想法的)表达方式

Now turn the question around and start looking not for what you did wrong in the past, but for what you can do to make things better in the future.

现在换个角度考虑问题,开始不要去想你过去做错了什么,而考虑一下怎样才能日后做得更好。

It's an example of how you can turn around the sentence and create a whole new meaning.

那个例子告诉你如何改变一个句子使其表达出完全不一样的意思。


2、appreciate

欣赏;鉴赏;赏识

Anyone can appreciate our music.

任何人都能欣赏我们的音乐。

In time you'll appreciate the beauty and subtlety of this language.

总有一天你会体会到这门语言的优美和微妙之处。

领会;了解;认识

She never really appreciated the depth and bitterness of the Irish conflict.

她从来没有真正认识到爱尔兰矛盾的深刻和激烈。

He appreciates that co-operation with the media is part of his professional duties.

他懂得与媒体合作是自己工作职责的一部分。

感谢;感激

Peter stood by me when I most needed it. I'll always appreciate that.

当我最需要的时候,彼得在我身边支持我。我将永存感激。

Thanks, lads. I appreciate it.

谢了,哥们儿。我很感激。

分享到
重点单词
  • bitternessn. 苦味,悲痛,怨恨
  • creditn. 信用,荣誉,贷款,学分,赞扬,赊欠,贷方 (复)c
  • bleakadj. 萧瑟的,严寒的,阴郁的
  • awkwardadj. 笨拙的,尴尬的,(设计)别扭的
  • pondn. 池塘 v. 筑成池塘
  • conflictn. 冲突,矛盾,斗争,战斗 vi. 冲突,争执,抵触
  • garishadj. 炫耀的,过分装饰的,耀眼的
  • slaten. 板岩,石板,石片,石板色,候选人名单 adj. 暗
  • professionaladj. 职业的,专业的,专门的 n. 专业人员
  • budn. 芽,花蕾 vi. 发芽,萌芽 vt. 使发芽