美剧精讲《吸血鬼日记》第一季第17集第7期:不惜一切代价
日期:2016-06-25 12:46

(单词翻译:单击)

吸血鬼日记

Do you even know why we turn other people?

你知道我们为什么会把人变成吸血鬼吗

It's not to give someone a one-way ticket out of loner-hood. Ok?

不是为把别人从落寞中拯救出来 懂吗


One--we need someone to do our dirty work.Two, revenge.

情况一 我们需要人来当帮凶 情况二 复仇

Three, boredom...but, you know, that never turns out well.

情况三是出于无聊 不过这从没好下场

And then there's the obvious one.

而最显而易见的情况是

You love someone so much that you would do anything to spend all of eternity with them.

你深爱上一个人 愿意不惜一切代价 跟他永远在一起

I'm sorry, but you don't fit any of those categories yet.

很抱歉 不过你目前一条都不符合

So, yeah. Just make sure your thesis is clear,and she'll love it.See you later.

好了 你要确保论文主旨明确 她一定会很欣赏的 回头见

Mom, hey. Did you get everything?

妈妈 都到手了吗

The blood-bank was understaffed because of the rain.I was in and out.

下雨了 血库人手不够 出入自由

Who's that you were talking to?A friend from the library.Let's get home.

刚才跟你说话的是谁 图书馆里认识的朋友 我们回家吧

Hey, you're not going out in that, are ya?

你不会要这时候出门吧

The roads are dangerous. Route 5 is completely flooded.

路上很危险 5号路已完全被水淹了

We'll make do.Mayor Lockwood, we have your table ready.Great.

我们会小心的 洛克伍德镇长 你的桌子准备好了 好极了

Mayor...Lockwood, is it?I suppose it is treacherous outside.

洛克伍德 镇长 是吗 外面好像还真挺危险的

My name is Pearl.This is my daughter Anna.We've just recently moved to town.

我叫珍珠 这是我女儿安娜 我们刚搬来镇上

Welcome. Richard lockwood.This is my son Tyler.

欢迎 我是理查德·洛克伍德 这是我儿子泰勒

Please... please, join us.It would be a pleasure.

一起吃吧 荣幸之至

词汇解析

1、turn out

(以某种方式)发生;最后是;结果是

If I had known my life was going to turn out like this, I would have let them kill me.

如果我早知道自己的人生结局会是如此,我当时宁愿让他们杀了我。

Sometimes things don't turn out the way we think they're going to.

有时事情并不像我们认为的那样发展。

原来是;结果发现

Cosgrave's forecast turned out to be quite wrong.

科斯格雷夫的预测最后证明是大错特错。

It turned out that I knew the person who got shot.

结果发现我认识那个中枪的人。

(尤指把某人从其长期居住处)撵走,赶出,逐出

Surely nobody would suggest turning him out of the house.

当然不会有人建议把他从房子里赶出去。

They were turned out of the hotel

他们被赶出了旅馆。


2、complete

完全的;十足的

The rebels had taken complete control.

叛乱分子完全控制了局面。

It shows a complete lack of understanding by management.

这表明管理层对此完全不了解。

完整的;全部的;整个的

A complete tenement block was burnt to the ground.

整幢公寓大楼被付之一炬。

The job sheets eventually filled a complete book.

工作指导卡最终装满了整整一个册子。

分享到