美剧精讲《吸血鬼日记》第一季第18集第14期:勇往直前的动力
日期:2016-07-13 22:32

(单词翻译:单击)

吸血鬼日记

Jer.I, um...I heard about your conversation with Sheriff Forbes.

杰里 我听到你和福布斯警长的谈话了

No one is trying to figure out what happened to her.

没人愿意查明真相


They're willing to believe that she ODed.

他们都乐意相信她死于吸毒过量

The coroner's office confirmed it.If that's what they said happened, then.Is that what you believe?

验尸官正在证实此事 他们既然这样说 那么 你也相信吗

What do you think happened?I think somebody killed her and buried her body,

你认为是怎么回事 我认为有人杀了她并且埋了尸体

And I don't think we should write it off just 'cause it's easy.

不能就一笔带过 草草结案

They're just doing what they can to move on.

他们也是在设法向前看

The truth is the only thing that's gonna help people move on.Jer, just,just let it go. OK?

真相才是支撑人们勇往直前的动力 杰里 别追究了 好吗

Whatever it was, she's gone now.Whatever it was?So you don't think it was an overdose.

不管实情怎样 她都死了 不管实情怎样 你也认为她不是死于吸毒过量

Yes. I,I do.Is there something you're not telling me?

不 我相信 你是不是有事瞒着我

Why aren't you looking at me?Stop it. That doesn't mean anything.

为什么不看着我 别这样 那说明不了什么

If there was something else, you would tell me, right?

如果真有隐情 你会告诉我的 对吗

Of course I would.Oh, God. I ca...I can't even walk.I know. Me neither.

当然了 天啊 我路走不稳了 我知道 我也是

Oh, God. Matt's gonna kill me.Ah, he won't even notice.

天啊 马特会杀了我的 他根本就不会注意到

I think he's actually letting himself have some fun for once.

我想他也在给自己找乐子放松呢

Yeah, well...well, I know I'm supposed to be On my best behavior because of Vicki,but I don't wanna think about it.

我知道 因为薇姬的原因 我的行为应该检点一些 但我不能去想那些事

I can't, 'cause if I do.Yeap, I was a dick to her.I was really bad.

我不能 因为我一想到她 我懂 我对她也很混蛋 我之前很差劲

That's what I hate is I can't make any of it right.It's like I don't deserve to even miss her.

我很痛恨自己 再也没机会弥补了 就像 我甚至不配去怀念她

词汇解析

1、confirm

证实,证明(情况属实)

X-rays have confirmed that he has not broken any bones.

X光片证实他没有骨折。

These new statistics confirm our worst fears about the depth of the recession.

这些新的统计数据证实经济衰退已经严重到我们最为担忧的境地。

(某人)证实,肯定,确认

The spokesman confirmed that the area was now in rebel hands.

这位发言人证实该地区现已落入叛乱分子手中。

He confirmed what had long been feared.

他证实了人们长期以来的担心。

使坚定,使确信

It has confirmed me in my decision not to become a nun.

这使我更加坚定了不做修女的决心。


2、write off

(向公司或机构)去函,发信

He wrote off to the New Zealand Government for these pamphlets about life in New Zealand.

他给新西兰政府去函,索取介绍新西兰生活的宣传册。

勾销,注销(债务或已花费的款项)

The president persuaded the West to write off Polish debts.

总统说通西方免除波兰的债务。

He had long since written off the money.

他很早就将那笔钱勾销了。

认定…不重要(或无用);忽视

He is fed up with people writing him off because of his age.

他很讨厌大家因为他的年纪而小看他。

His critics write him off as too cautious to succeed.

批评他的人不把他当回事,认为他太过谨慎,不能成事。

分享到