美剧精讲《吸血鬼日记》第一季第12集第7期:告诉我实情
日期:2016-04-01 14:20

(单词翻译:单击)

吸血鬼日记

Why didn't you tell me, Jenna?Your mom was gonna do it eventually.

为什么你不告诉我呢 珍娜 本来你妈妈打算告诉你的

I never thought I'd have to.If my mom were here right now And I asked, she'd tell me the truth.

我从没想过需要我来说 如果我妈妈还在世 我问起的话 她会告诉我实情的


Your dad was about to leave the office one night When this girl showed up.

一天晚上你爸爸正要离开办公室 有个女孩儿出现了

She was 16, a runaway, and about to give birth.

她才16岁 离家出走了 而且即将生产

He delivered her baby,and he gave her a place to stay,But a few days later, she disappeared.

他帮她接生 给她提供住处 但几天之后 她却不见了

And there you were.Your parents were trying so hard to have a baby.

而你被留下了 你父母一直很努力想要个孩子

I-it just wasn't happening.All Miranda ever wanted was to be a mom.

但就是没有成功 米兰达一直梦想着成为一位母亲

Why were my parents' names on the birth certicate?Your dad was a doctor, Elena.He took care of it.

为什么我的出生证明上 写的是养父母的名字呢 你爸爸是医生 埃琳娜 他处理好了一切

They didn't wanna lose you, so they kept it quiet,

他们不想失去你 所以做得很隐秘

Told as few people as possible,But if anyone ever wanted proof, they had documtation.

只告诉了极少数人 如果有人要证据的话 他们有文件证明

What else do you know about her?The girl.Just her name.Isabelle.

关于她你还知道些什么 那个女孩 只知道她的名字 伊泽贝尔

You got the hair right.Why are you bringing me dad's journal?

你发型不错 你为什么把爸爸的日记给我

'cause you were looking for it.And why would I want it?Gee, I don't know, Damon.

因为你在找它 那为什么我会需要它 少来 我怎么知道 达蒙

Maybe you wanna do a little bit of posthumous bonding.Go ahead. Enjoy it. Read it.

也许你想缅怀一下死去的老爸 看看吧 好好享受 认真读吧

I have. Nowhere in it does it say anything about Katherine or the tomb or how to open it.

我看过了 里面没有一处提到了凯瑟琳 或者墓穴 或是如何打开它

I'm not surprised.Man could barely spell his own name.

我一点也不惊讶 老爸甚至拼不出自己的名字

I'm really sorry that it won't be of any help with your diabolical plan,the sequel.

我真的很遗憾 它对你的邪恶计划一点用也没有 该说是邪恶计划之续

重点讲解

1、eventually

最终;终于

Eventually, the army caught up with him in Latvia.

最终,大部队在拉脱维亚赶上了他。

The flight eventually got away six hours late.

那个航班推迟了6个小时后终于起飞。

最后;结果

Eventually your child will leave home to lead her own life as a fully independent adult.

最后,你的孩子会离开家,作为一个完全独立的成年人过她自己的生活。

She sees the bar as a starting point and eventually plans to run her own chain of country inns.

她把那间酒吧当作一个起点,最终计划是经营自己的乡村旅馆连锁店。


2、show up

(使)清晰;(使)变得明显;(使)显现出来

You may have some strange disease that may not show up for 10 or 15 years.

你可能患有某种 10 年或者 15 年都看不出什么症状来的怪病。

The orange tip shows up well against most backgrounds.

橙色的尖端在大多数背景下都很醒目。

使难堪;使尴尬;使丢脸

He wanted to teach her a lesson for showing him up in front of Leonov.

她在列昂诺夫面前让他难堪,他要教训她一通。

She kept saying I ought to try some, but I wasn't going to show myself up.

她一直说我应该尝一尝,但我可不想丢人。

分享到
重点单词
  • eventuallyadv. 终于,最后
  • independentadj. 独立的,自主的,有主见的 n. 独立派人士,无
  • flightn. 飞行,航班 n. 奇思妙想,一段楼梯 n.