美剧精讲《吸血鬼日记》第二季第3集第5期:振作起来
日期:2016-11-26 20:33

(单词翻译:单击)

吸血鬼日记

You know how to drop vampires with a single look.OK? I think you can figure it out.

你一个眼神就能放倒吸血鬼 对吗 我相信你能搞定的

Caroline killed someone, Stefan.I can't make it easier for her to do it again.

卡罗琳杀人了 斯特凡 我不能让她更轻松的再杀人


No. We're not making it easier for her.We're just giving her the chance to survive.

不会 我们不是让她更轻松的杀人 我们只是给她生存的机会

Listen, everyday that she's cut off from her old life.From you, from Elena, from Matt

现在每天她都在逐渐脱离她的旧生活 脱离你 脱离埃琳娜 脱离马特

It'll make it that much harder for her to hold on to her humanity.

这对她保留人性更加困难

And how do you know she won't hurt anyone else?I don't.

那你怎么保证她不会再伤人 我不能保证

But if we don't do everything we can to help her

但如果我们不想尽办法帮她

or at least trust the fact that she can keep it together,

或者根本不相信她能振作起来

we might as well just stake her right now.

那我们还不如现在就把她刺死

I don't know if I can trust her.Not with this.Then trust me.

我不知道我是否可以相信她 这件事上不行 那就相信我

How you doing back there? Leave her alone.You know, this whole pretending to hate me thing is getting a little silly.

你在后面咋样 不用管她 你这假装恨我的举动开始变的有点傻

I don't think she's pretending.You did kill her brother.

我不觉得她是在假装 你确实杀害了她弟弟

There is a huge asterisk next to that statement.He came back to life.

这个可大有说头了 他复活了

Yeah. Thanks to a ring that you didn't know he was wearing.

没错 多亏他戴着那枚戒指 你没注意到

Why are you so sure I didn't know?Did you? Yes.You're lying.

你怎么确定我没注意到 你看到了 对 说谎

Elena, I saw the ring.Big tacky thing.It's hard to miss.

埃琳娜 我看到那戒指了 又大又俗气 想不看见都难

So, I don't get to choose the ring I have to wear the rest of my life

这戒指我得戴一辈子呢 可我连选都不能选

Hey, if you don't want it.No. She--she wants it.Now what?

你不想要那就 不 她想要 现在要怎样

Now's the part where I explain the rules.

现在我要跟你讲好规矩

The witch who spells the ring has the power to de-spell it.

施咒的女巫也可以撤咒

So, if you ever do anything to hurt anyone.I'm not going to hurt anyone.

所以 你要是再伤害任何一个人 我不会再伤人了

You're a vampire.That means the urge to kill is a part of who you are.

你是吸血鬼 杀戮是你的天性

The minute you let it take over, I will stop you.

一旦你失去控制 我会立即阻止你

词汇解析

1、stake

处于危险境地;处于成败关头

The tension was naturally high for a game with so much at stake.

对于一场成败攸关的比赛来说气氛自然非常紧张。

At stake is the success or failure of world trade talks.

世界贸易谈判正处于成败的重要关头。

(比赛或行动的)赌注,风险

The game was usually played for high stakes between two large groups.

游戏通常在两大集团之间进行,下的赌注一般都很大。

By arresting the organisation's two top leaders the government and the army have now raised the stakes.

逮捕了该组织的两名主要头目后,政府和军队现在面临的风险更大了。

将…押(在…);以…打赌;拿…冒险

He has staked his political future on an election victory.

他把自己的政治前途押在竞选获胜上。

He has staked his reputation on the outcome.

他将自己的名声赌在了这个结果上。


2、pretend

假装;伪装;装作

I pretend that things are really okay when they're not.

当情况不好的时候我假装一切顺利。

Sometimes the boy pretended to be asleep.

有时这个男孩会假装睡着了。

自诩;自称;自以为

We do not pretend that the past six years have been without problems for us.

我们并不自夸在过去的6年中没有遇到任何问题。

Within this lecture I cannot pretend to deal adequately with dreams.

在这一次讲座中,我不敢自诩能对梦境作透彻的分析。

分享到