美剧精讲《吸血鬼日记》第一季第18集第5期:秘密和谎言
日期:2016-07-04 20:38

(单词翻译:单击)

吸血鬼日记

I made a copy of a paper that Jeremy wrote for me.

我复印了一份杰里写的论文

I think you should take a look at it.Jeremy wrote this?

我想应该给你看看 杰里米写的?


He's very clear that he didn't think it was real.

他明确表示 认为这不是真的

I really hope you're right,because I've done so much to protect him from all this.

希望真的如此 因为我一直尽力不让他卷进来

So how do you deal with it?What do you mean?

你是如何面对的 什么意思

I don't know. With all the lies and the secrets.

我说不清 所有的秘密和谎言

You have to lie to everyone who's important to you.

必须对那些对你很重要的人撒谎

It's not safe for them to know the truth,So, yes, I keep it from them,but it's only because I love them.

他们知道真相会有危险 所以 没错 我会继续瞒着他们 但只是因为我爱他们

I think Stefan's a good guy,But, uh.at the end of the day, he's still a vampire.

我认为斯特凡是个好人 但是 说到底 他还是一个吸血鬼

I know it's hard to understand,but Stefan's different.

我知道那很难理解 但是斯特凡不同

He would never do anything to hurt me.

他绝不会做任何伤害我的事

I have no interest in the founder's day kick-off party.

我对创立日开幕派对没兴趣

Sure, you do. It's tradition.Far be it for us to break from tradition.

必须感兴趣 那是传统 我们决不能打破传统

The Gilberts have been a part of this town for 150 years,one of the founding families,

吉尔伯特家族在这个镇上生活了150年 是创始家族之一

and with that distinction comes certain obligations,including going to the party.

有荣誉就要有责任 包括参加派对

One day, when you can appreciate the significance,I'll tell you all about your heritage.

总有一天 当你明白其重要性时 我会告诉你所有的传统

Hmm. The Gilbert family legacy.I forgot how sacred it was.

吉尔伯特家族遗训 我忘了那有多神圣了

I'm not a Gilbert, so I was never cool enough to hear it.

我不姓吉尔伯特家 没资格听

词汇解析

1、obligation

义务;责任

When teachers assign homework, students usually feel an obligation to do it.

老师布置作业时,学生通常认为完成作业是一种义务。

Ministers are under no obligation to follow the committee's recommendations.

部长不必非得听从委员会的建议。

(照顾某人或保护某人利益的)义务,责任

The United States will do that which is necessary to meet its obligations to its own citizens.

美国将为自己的公民尽其应尽的义务。

I have an ethical and a moral obligation to my client.

我对我的当事人负有道义上的责任。

(广告中产品或服务)免费试用地,免费体验地

If you are selling your property, why not call us for a free valuation without obligation?.

如果您打算出售房产,何不打电话让我们作免费估价呢?

You can review your policy in detail for a full 15 days without obligation.

您可以在15天的免费体验期内仔细审核保单细则。


2、appreciate

欣赏;鉴赏;赏识

Anyone can appreciate our music.

任何人都能欣赏我们的音乐。

In time you'll appreciate the beauty and subtlety of this language.

总有一天你会体会到这门语言的优美和微妙之处。

领会;了解;认识

She never really appreciated the depth and bitterness of the Irish conflict.

她从来没有真正认识到爱尔兰矛盾的深刻和激烈。

He appreciates that co-operation with the media is part of his professional duties.

他懂得与媒体合作是自己工作职责的一部分。

感谢;感激

Peter stood by me when I most needed it. I'll always appreciate that.

当我最需要的时候,彼得在我身边支持我。我将永存感激。

Thanks, lads. I appreciate it.

谢了,哥们儿。我很感激。

分享到