美剧精讲《吸血鬼日记》第二季第5集第5期:大男子主义
日期:2017-01-04 20:20

(单词翻译:单击)

吸血鬼日记

Stefan, right?The other Salvatore.The nice one.

斯特凡 对吧 塞尔瓦托家族的另一个兄弟 比较和善的那个

The one offering an apology.Not interested.

我想向你道歉 没兴趣


Look, my brother acted impulsively.You think?

听我说 我哥哥太冲动了 是吗

If you and Damon keep at each other's throats,

如果你和达蒙非要斗个你死我活

somebody innocent is going to get hurt, and I don't want that.

势必会伤及无辜 我不希望那样的事出现

And you have family here,so I can't imagine you'd want that, either.

你在这儿也有亲人 估计你也不想那样吧

So what do you say we just quit the whole alpha male fighting thing and just call it a truce.

不如停止你们之间大男子主义的争斗 双方都休战吧

I made that same offer to your brother.

我向你哥哥提过这个建议

He turned it down with a knife.He made a mistake.

但是他用捅我一刀的方式拒绝了 那是他的错

I'm here to make sure that neither one of you make another one.

我是来讲和的 我不希望你们再互相挑衅

Tell your brother to watch his back.

让你哥哥小心点

Well, I'm guessing that he only has to worry about that during a full moon.

我猜他只有 在月圆之夜才用得着担心吧

Otherwise, you're not as strong. Am I right?

其他时候 你都不足以与他抗衡 对吧

Or you would have killed Damon by now.

否则你早就将达蒙杀死了

There's one of you.There's 2 of us.

你只有一个人 但我们有两个人

I think you're the one who needs to watch his back.

我觉得该小心的人是你

If he comes at me...He won't.

如果他再来挑衅我 他不会的

What are you doing?Negotiating peace on your behalf.

你在干什么呢 代表你签订和平协议

I don't want peace.Oh. Consider it opposite day.

我不想要什么和平 等混战开始你就会珍惜了

Stefan.Please tell me you don't seriously think a handshake just solved our problem.

斯特凡 你不会真的以为 握个手就把一切问题都解决了吧

No, actually,I think that the first chance Mason Lockwood gets,he's going to drive a stake through your heart,

不 实际上我觉得梅森·洛克伍德一逮到机会 就会用木桩刺进你的心脏

and then, through mine All because you took it upon yourself to try to kill him.

然后再对付我 这都是你擅自行事 企图干掉他的下场

So thank you, cause we don't have enough problems.

所以 谢谢了 我们的问题还不够多

词汇解析

1、turn down

拒绝(某人或其请求、提议等)

Before this I'd have smiled and turned her down.

在这之前,我本该笑着拒绝她。

I thanked him for the offer but turned it down

我谢绝了他的提议。

关小;调低

He kept turning the central heating down.

他不断调低中央暖气的温度。

She could not bear the relentless music and turned down the volume.

她受不了没完没了的音乐,就把音量调小了。

(比率)减少;(水平)降低

The divorce rate turned down in the 1950s.

20 世纪 50 年代离婚率下降了。


2、negotiate

谈判;协商;洽谈

It is not clear whether the president is willing to negotiate with the democrats.

还不清楚总统是否愿意和民主人士洽谈。

When you have two adversaries negotiating, you need to be on neutral territory.

让敌对双方坐下来谈判时,你得保持中立。

顺利通过;成功越过

Frank Mariano negotiates the desert terrain in his battered pickup.

弗兰克·马里亚诺驾驶他那辆破烂不堪的皮卡车成功穿越了沙漠地带。

I negotiated the corner on my motorbike and pulled to a stop.

我骑摩托车顺利通过拐角,然后停了下来。

分享到