美剧精讲《吸血鬼日记》第一季第19集第12期:狂热发明家
日期:2016-07-30 20:44

(单词翻译:单击)

吸血鬼日记

I'll tell you one thing,your hair would have a better chance if she was.

有一件事是肯定的 如果她在 你的发型会更漂亮

Ok, I should go put my dress on.Be careful with that thing.

好了 我该换礼服了 小心一点哦


Don't hurt anybody.You look miserable.

别烫伤了别人 你看起来很不开心啊

Are there really a whole month of these events that I'm supposed to show up at?

难道这一整个月的活动 我都必须得参加吗

You can fight it if you want,but it's part of being a Gilbert.

你不愿意的话 可以不参加 但这是吉尔伯特家族的惯例

Yeah, you, uh, you mentioned you know a lot about the family.

是啊 你上次说你非常了解我们家族

Do you know anything about our ancestor Johnathan Gilbert?

你知道我们的祖辈 乔纳森·吉尔伯特的事儿吗

Prolific writer, crazy inventor.Why do you ask?

多产作家 狂热发明家 怎么问这个呢

Well, I read his journal.Is that right?Yeah.I actually found it in all dad's stuff.

我看了他的日记 是吗 是啊 其实我是在爸爸的遗物里找到的

Well, that's surprising.Most of them are locked away.

真让人意外啊 大部分日记都被藏起来了

There's more of them?Johnathan Gilbert journaled his whole life.

日记有好多本吗 乔纳森·吉尔伯特一生都在写日记

right down to the bitter, insane drunken end.The guy had a lot of demons.

直到他痛苦疯狂地在酗酒中结束生命 他记录了很多鬼怪恶魔

And did you read 'em?I browsed, yeah.What'd you think about what he wrote?

你读过了 我浏览了一下 你对他所写的 有什么看法

Crazy ramblings of a mad man, of course.Well, she's very pretty.

疯子漫无边际的疯话呗 她真漂亮

Yeah, yeah, she's a, uh,a friend of mine. Excuse me.

是啊 她是 我的一个朋友 失陪一下

词汇解析

1、suppose

假定;假设;设想

Suppose someone gave you an egg and asked you to describe exactly what was inside.

假设有人给了你一枚鸡蛋并要你准确描述鸡蛋里面有什么。

Supposing he's right and I do die tomorrow? Maybe I should take out an extra insurance policy.

假设他是对的,我确实明天就会死,那该怎么办?也许我应该再买一份保险。

(根据所知)认为,推断,料想

The policy is perfectly clear and I see no reason to suppose that it isn't working.

这项政策非常清楚明了,我没有理由认为它不会奏效。

I knew very well that the problem was more complex than he supposed.

我很清楚那个问题比他料想的要更复杂。

我看;要我说;我想

I get a bit uptight these days. Hormones, I suppose.

这些天我有点焦躁。我看是荷尔蒙在作怪。

I suppose I'd better do some homework.

我看我最好做做功课。


2、mention

(简短地)谈及,说起,提到

She did not mention her mother's absence.

她并没有说起她母亲不在场的事。

I may not have mentioned it to her.

我可能没跟她提过这件事。

提名;推荐

His appointment is a complete surprise,he has never been mentioned as a front runner.

他的任命完全出人意料,他从来都不是呼声最高的候选人。

Her name has been mentioned as a favoured leadership candidate.

提到她的名字时,说她是领导职位的热门候选人。

不用说;更不必说

The audience, not to mention the bewildered cast, were not amused.

观众们并没有觉得好笑,更不用说那些一头雾水的演员了。

It was both deliberate and malicious, not to mention clever.

这件事是处心积虑、早有预谋的,更不用说其手段的高明。

分享到