美剧精讲《吸血鬼日记》第21期:凶案的预兆
日期:2013-06-29 17:00

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听


提示:如视频加载失败,请刷新本页重新加载~
Bonnie: You explain it. Last night, I’m watching nine-o, commercial breaks come on and I'm like, I bet it's that phone commercial. And sure enough, it’s that guy and the girl with the bench, He flies to Paris and he flies back. They take a picture.
你解释一下!昨晚我在看9-0 一个广告跳出来!我打赌是手机广告!居然的确是的男生女生排排坐,他飞到巴黎又飞回来!他们合影!

Elena: Oh, come on. That commercial's on a constant loop.
拜托!那广告是循环播放的!

Bonnie: Fine. Well, how about this? Today I'm obsessed with numbers. 3 numbers. I keep seeing 8, 14, and 22. How weird is that?
好吧!那这个怎么样!今天我一直纠结于数字了. 3个数字我一直见到8 14 22!多奇怪的哇?

Elena: Maybe we should play the lottery. Have you talked to your grams?
也许我们应该买彩票!你跟你奶奶谈过了没?

Bonnie: She's just going to say it's because I'm a witch. I don't want to be a witch. Do you want to be a witch?
她只会跟我说我是个女巫!我不想做个女巫,你想吗?

Elena: I don't want to be a witch.
我不想!

Bonnie: And putting it in a nice bowl Isn't fooling anybody.
把它们放在个漂亮的碗里,可糊弄不了别人!

Elena: Ok, serving spoons. Where are the serving spoons?
好啦!大勺!大勺在哪里?

Bonnie: Little drawer on your left.
在你左边的小抽屉里!

Elena: Ok, so you've been in this kitchen like a thousand times.
好吧!你来过这厨房几千次了!

Bonnie: Yeah, that's it.
是么!就这么简单!

Elena: Ok, he's here. Don’t be nervous. Just be your normal loving self.
他来了!别紧张!做平常那个有爱的你就行!

Bonnie: Birthday candles.
生日蜡烛!

Elena: Did Tanner give you a hard time today?
Tanner今天给你小鞋穿了吗?

Stefan: Well, he let me on the team. So I must have done something right.
他让我进了队里!所以我应该没做错什么!

Elena: Bonnie, you should have seen Stefan today. Tyler threw a ball right at him, and--
Bonnie,你今天真应该看看Stefan的!Tyler对准他掷了一球,然后…

Bonnie: Yeah, I heard.
哦!我听说了!

Elena: Why don't you tell Stefan about your family?
你为什么不给Stefan讲讲你家的事呢?

Bonnie: Um, divorced. No mom. Live with my dad.
呃!父母离异!没有妈妈!和爸爸住!

Elena: No, about the witches. Bennie’s family has a lineage of witches. It’s really cool.
不是!是关于女巫的事!Bonnie的家族有女巫血统!非常酷!

Bonnie: Cool isn't the word I'd use.
我可不想用酷这个字形容!

Stefan: Well, it’s certainly interesting. I'm not too versed. But I do know that there's a history of Celtic Druids That migrated here in the 1800s.
肯定挺有意思的!我虽然不太熟!但我确实知道有段历史讲19世纪一些Celtic Druids教士迁居至此。

Bonnie: My family came by way of Salem.
我的祖先从赛伦而来 (位于美国马萨诸塞州)!

Stefan: Really? Salem witches? I would say that's pretty cool.
真的?我得说真的很酷!

Bonnie: Really? Why?
真的? 为什么?

Stefan: Salem witches are heroic examples of individualism and nonconformity.
赛伦女巫是个人主义和不守成规的英勇代表!

Bonnie: Yeah, they are.
没错!是这样的!


重点讲解

重点讲解

be obsessed with

迷住,缠住;使…着迷;使…困扰

Accept that some things you obsess about are out of your control.

接受那些一直在想但是又不能控制事情

give sb. a hard time

给某人穿小鞋

Did that Potter kid give you a hard time again?

是不是那个陶工孩子来?

examples of

…的榜样

Do you have any other examples of deployments?

有没有其他实际例子

剧情百科

塞勒姆女巫审判案

1692年,美国马萨诸塞州塞勒姆镇一个牧师的女儿突然得了一种怪病,随后与她平素形影不离的7个女孩相继出现了同样的症状。从现代医学角度讲,这是“跳舞病”的一种表现。这类症状的病因是一种寄生于黑麦的真菌“麦角菌”。当时人们普遍认为,让孩子们得了怪病的真正原因,是村里的黑人女奴蒂图巴和另一个女乞丐,还有一个孤僻的从来不去教堂的老妇人。人们对这3名女人严刑逼供,“女巫”和“巫师”的数量也一步步增加,先后有20多人死于这起冤案中,另有200多人被逮捕或监禁。1992年,马萨诸塞州议会通过决议,宣布为所有受害者恢复名誉。

考考你 Q&A
Q: Please use the word or phrase you just learnt to complete the sentence beblow.

1.to be _____ with the idea of an ill omen

被一种不祥之兆的念头所缠绕

2.And don't think I meant to _____ ,it's not that easy for me,either.

千万不要以为是故意你们难过因为来说不是麽简单

3.I have several _____this in my own career.

自己职业生涯就有几个这样例子

本期答案见下期,《吸血鬼日记》第20期题目及答案:
1.“Read/Reviewcan be a folder for _____ -typeemails.
阅读/回顾目录可以用来保存参考类型邮件.

2.They shared the daily _____ and word jumble.
他们一起玩拼字字谜游戏。

fy; crossword puzzle

分享到
重点单词
  • obsessv. (使)牵挂,(使)惦念,(使)着迷,(使)困扰
  • obsessedadj. 着迷的
  • puzzlen. 谜,难题,迷惑 vt. 使困惑,使为难 vi. 迷
  • kitchenn. 厨房,(全套)炊具,灶间
  • nonconformityn. 不墨守成规
  • lotteryn. 彩票
  • jumblevi. 掺杂,混杂 vt. 使混乱,搞乱 n. 混杂,混
  • drawern. 抽屉,拖曳者,制图员,开票人 (复)drawers
  • controln. 克制,控制,管制,操作装置 vt. 控制,掌管,支
  • individualismn. 个人主义