美剧精讲《吸血鬼日记》第一季第7集第6期:离开塞勒姆
日期:2015-12-19 10:24

(单词翻译:单击)

吸血鬼日记

We can talk about that later.Hey, Vicki How are you?How am I? You're kidding, right?
我们过会儿再谈 嘿 薇姬 你还好吗 还好吗 你在开玩笑吧
Was our family burned in the witch trials?
我们的先人在巫师审判中被烧死了吗

No, the girls that were persecuted in Salem were entirely innocent.
不 在塞勒姆被处决那些女孩们 完全是无辜的
You have to have more than ignorance to trap a real witch.
要捉住真正的巫师 没有足够的智慧是不行的
How did we end up in Mystic Falls?
那我们怎么又到了神秘瀑布镇呢
Our family fled Salem in 1692,And relocated here.
我们家族于1692年离开塞勒姆 然后就定居这里了
Our ancesters lived in secrecy for over a hundred years.
先祖们在此隐居100多年了
It's important that we still do.Grams. Everybody knows you're a witch.
我们现在也仍然必须隐瞒身份 外婆 人人都知道你是女巫
They also know it's absurd, can't be true.
他们同时也认为很荒唐可笑 不可能是真的
I'm just a cooky lady that teaches occult at the university.
我只是在大学教玄学的一个诡异女人罢了
No one really believes.They just poke fun. And let'em.
没人真的相信 他们只是为了好玩而已 那就由他们去吧
Just don't let them know the truth.
别让他们知道真相就行了
Where is the witchcraft?You've been talking history for two days.
那我们的巫术呢 你讲历史都讲了两天了
And I wanna go to the fun part.It's not meant to be fun.
我想听听有趣的 那不是有趣
It's real, and it's serious.And you must understand before you practice.
那是真实并且严肃的 在你运用巫术之前 必须要明白这些
Aren't you late for school?
你上课快迟到了吧

重点讲解

1、end up
(通常指意外地)最终到达
The result was that the engine ended up at the bottom of the canal.
结果引擎最终沉到了运河底。
She fled with her children, moving from neighbour to neighbour and ending up in a friend's cellar.
她带着孩子逃亡,从一个邻居家跑到另一个邻居家,最后逃到了一个朋友的地下室。
最终;结果;到头来
If you don't know what you want, you might end up getting something you don't want.
如果你不知道自己想要什么,到头来你可能得非所愿。
Every time they went dancing they ended up in a bad mood.
每次他们去跳舞,都会不欢而散。
2、practice
通常做法;常规;惯例
Some firms have cut workers' pay below the level set in their contract, a practice that is illegal in Germany.
一些公司把工人薪水减至低于合同规定的水平,这种做法在德国是非法的。
Gordon Brown has demanded a public inquiry into bank practices.
戈登·布朗已要求对银行的惯例做法进行公开调查。
练习;训练
She was taking all three of her daughters to basketball practice every day.
她每天都带3个女儿进行篮球训练。
the hard practice necessary to develop from a learner to an accomplished musician.
从初学者成长为有造诣的音乐家所必需的艰苦训练
业务活动,工作;宗教活动
the practice of internal medicine.
内科业务
I eventually realized I had to change my attitude toward medical practice.
我终于认识到自己不得不改变对医务工作的看法。

分享到
重点单词
  • cellarn. 地窖,地下室 vt. 把 ... 藏入地窑(或酒窑
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为
  • secrecyn. 秘密,保密,隐蔽
  • eventuallyadv. 终于,最后
  • absurdadj. 荒唐的 n. 荒唐
  • ignorancen. 无知
  • contractn. 合同,契约,婚约,合约 v. 订合同,缩短,缩小,
  • innocentadj. 清白的,无辜的,无害的,天真纯洁的,无知的
  • canaln. 运河,沟渠,气管,食管 vt. 建运河,疏导
  • inquiryn. 打听,询问,调查,查问 =enquiry(英)