美剧精讲《吸血鬼日记》第一季第11集第9期:凯瑟琳的后代
日期:2016-03-17 10:40

(单词翻译:单击)

吸血鬼日记

Let's just say that I'm descended from Katherine--

假设我是凯瑟琳的后代

Does that make me part vampire?Vampires can't procreate.But we love to try.

那表示我身上有吸血鬼的血统吗 吸血鬼是不能生育的 但是我们乐于尝试


No. If you are related,it would mean Katherine had a child before she was turned.

你没有 如果你们有血缘关系 就表示凯瑟琳成为吸血鬼前生了个孩子

Did Stefan think that he could use me to replace her?

难道斯特凡觉得可以用我来代替她吗

It's kinda creepy if you ask me.Come on, what? You don't like pickles?

你问我 不是有点奇怪吗 不会吧 你居然不喜欢吃泡菜

What's wrong with you?How can you even eat?If technically you're supposed to be Dead.

你有什么毛病吗 你怎么能吃东西 严格说来你其实是 死人

It's not such a bad word.As long as I keep a healthy diet of blood in my system,Our dody functions pretty normally.

说死也没什么好忌讳的啊 只要我保持健康饮食 有鲜血在我体内 我的身体就能和正常人一样

This nice act.Is any of it real?Here you go.Thank you.I'll have one too.

你对我的友善之举 有一丁点是真心的吗 给你的 谢谢 我也要一瓶

Time out, remember? For 5 minutes?

你让我暂时抛开烦恼 记得吧

Yeah, well that 5 minutes is going to need a beer.There you go.

既然抛开烦恼 不如来点啤酒爽快一下 给你

You're kidding me, right? There's no such thing as vampires.

你在开玩笑 根本就没有吸血鬼这种事

Well, there's not a lot of documentation But the stories have been told since the civil war.

是没有什么文献记录 但自从南北战争之后就一直有谣传

My granddad used to tell meall these creepy stories when I was little.

我小时候祖父讲过这类恐怖故事

And he said that his granddad told them to him.Yeah. That would be folklore.

他说是他祖父告诉他的 是啊 那只是民间传说

Vampires are a metaphor for the demons of the day.Which are?The union soldiers.

吸血鬼是用来比喻当时的坏人 坏人是谁 北方盟军?

I read those stories myself. They talk about the enemy,the demons that attack night.

我也读过那些传说 其实指的是敌人 坏人在夜间偷袭

重点讲解

1、descend

下来;下降;走下

Things are cooler and more damp as we descend to the cellar.

当我们往下走去地窖时,四周愈见阴冷潮湿。

She descended one flight of stairs.

她走下了一段楼梯。

(情绪、气氛等)降临,笼罩

An uneasy calm descended on the area.

一种令人不安的平静笼罩了该地区。

A reverent hush descended on the multitude.

人群虔敬地噤了声。

(大批人)突然到来,突然造访

3,000 city officials descended on Capitol Hill to lobby for more money.

3,000名市政官员齐聚国会山,为筹集更多的款项进行游说。

Curious tourists and reporters from around the globe are descending upon the peaceful villages.

好奇的游客和记者从世界各地一齐涌向这些平静的村落。


2、suppose

假定;假设;设想

Suppose someone gave you an egg and asked you to describe exactly what was inside.

假设有人给了你一枚鸡蛋并要你准确描述鸡蛋里面有什么。

Supposing he's right and I do die tomorrow? Maybe I should take out an extra insurance policy.

假设他是对的,我确实明天就会死,那该怎么办?也许我应该再买一份保险。

(根据所知)认为,推断,料想

The policy is perfectly clear and I see no reason to suppose that it isn't working.

这项政策非常清楚明了,我没有理由认为它不会奏效。

I knew very well that the problem was more complex than he supposed.

我很清楚那个问题比他料想的要更复杂。

分享到
重点单词
  • curiousadj. 好奇的,奇特的
  • peacefuladj. 安宁的,和平的
  • reverentadj. 恭敬的,虔诚的
  • flightn. 飞行,航班 n. 奇思妙想,一段楼梯 n.
  • documentationn. 文件,证明文件,史实,[计]文件编制
  • hushn. 肃静,安静,沉默 vi. 安静下来,掩饰 vt.
  • cellarn. 地窖,地下室 vt. 把 ... 藏入地窑(或酒窑
  • complexadj. 复杂的,复合的,合成的 n. 复合体,综合体,
  • descendv. 降,传,降临
  • describevt. 描述,画(尤指几何图形),说成