美剧精讲《吸血鬼日记》第一季第19集第11期:来不及打退堂鼓
日期:2016-07-29 20:37

(单词翻译:单击)

吸血鬼日记

In the running for Miss Mystic Falls?

参加神秘瀑布小姐竞选吗

Sometimes you have to wear uncomfortable heels to blend in.

有时为了融入氛围 就得穿上别扭的高跟鞋

I remember this event from 1864.

我记得1864年的那届活动


I was supposed to enter,before everything happened.

我本来要参选的 当然是在一切发生之前

Ahh, nostalgia's a bitch.

此情可待成追忆呀

If you're just going to mock me,then you move along, please.

如果你要嘲笑我 那请你闪开吧

John Gilbert thinks your mom stole an artifact from Johnathan Sr. Sr. Back in 1864.

约翰·吉尔伯特认为1864年那会儿 你妈妈偷了老老乔纳森一件手工品

What are you, his errand boy?I don't know what it is,but I don't want him to have it.

你成什么了 他的狗腿子 我不知道是件什么东西 但我不想让他得到

I could ask her.But, you know, you've made it pretty clear

我可以去问问她 可是你已经表过态了

that you don't trust us,so why should I even bother?

你根本不信任我们 那我又何必操心呢

Because you want to stay in Mystic Falls,and John Gilbert's in town,making that impossible.

因为你们想留在神秘瀑布镇 而约翰·吉尔伯特在镇上一天 你们就待不安稳

Find out where it is.He leaves, you can buy a welcome mat.

找到它 只要他一走 你们就高枕无忧了

Thanks for helping me.

谢谢你帮我

Don't thank me until you're sure your hair isn't going to burn off.

别谢得那么早 等你确定我没把你头发烧掉再说

You know, I remember when my mom and I were first applying for this.

你知道 我记得 我妈妈和我最初申请参赛时

She was so excited.So were you, if I recall.I was.

她非常激动 你也一样 如果我没记错的话 是的

She just made it sound like so much fun.

她在世时让我觉得这活动那么有趣

Lots has changed since then.

可此后就物是人非了

Well, I hate to break it to you,but it's a little late for cold feet.

我不想告诉你 但现在打退堂鼓可来不及了

I don't have cold feet. I just.

我没有退缩 我只是

I think I'd be enjoying it a lot more if she was here.

我觉得如果她能在 我会更开心

词汇解析

1、suppose

假定;假设;设想

Suppose someone gave you an egg and asked you to describe exactly what was inside.

假设有人给了你一枚鸡蛋并要你准确描述鸡蛋里面有什么。

Supposing he's right and I do die tomorrow? Maybe I should take out an extra insurance policy.

假设他是对的,我确实明天就会死,那该怎么办?也许我应该再买一份保险。

(根据所知)认为,推断,料想

The policy is perfectly clear and I see no reason to suppose that it isn't working.

这项政策非常清楚明了,我没有理由认为它不会奏效。

I knew very well that the problem was more complex than he supposed.

我很清楚那个问题比他料想的要更复杂。


2、apply

申请;请求

I am continuing to apply for jobs.

我正在继续找工作。

They may apply to join the organization.

他们可以申请加入该组织。

使(自己)全神贯注于;使(注意力等)集中于

Faulks has applied himself to this task with considerable energy.

福克斯为这项任务倾注了大量精力。

In spare moments he applied his mind to how rockets could be used to make money.

在业余时间他潜心研究如何能用火箭来赚钱。

应用;运用

The Government appears to be applying the same principle.

政府似乎是在运用相同的原则。

His project is concerned with applying the technology to practical business problems.

他的项目是将这项技术应用于实际的商务问题。

分享到