美剧精讲《吸血鬼日记》第一季第21集第6期:完全没有人性
日期:2016-09-11 19:37

(单词翻译:单击)

吸血鬼日记

Was... was my wife.I looked for the woman I married, but she wasn't there.Whoever that it is.

曾经...曾经是我妻子 我希望从她身上发现过去的影子 但找不到 现在的她

cold and detached.She's given up her humanity.

冷漠无情 超然一切 她完全没有人性了


Yeah, see, I don't get that.Stefan has his humanity. He's a good guy.

是啊 我就不明白 斯特凡有人性 他是个好人

Oh, you're a dick and you kill people,but I still see something human in you.

你是个杀人不眨眼的混蛋 但是我在你身上还是能看到一丝人性

But with her, there was... There was nothing.You can turn it off.

可是她...一丝一毫也没有 人性是可以屏蔽的

Like a button you can press. I mean, Stefan's different.He... he wants the whole human experience.

就像关电源一样容易 斯特凡不一样 他想要完整的人类体验

He wants to feel every episode of "how I met your mother,"so he shuts his feelings out.

感受《老妈老爸浪漫史》中的每一个情节 所以他把抛开了真实的感受

The problem is, as a vampire, your instinct is not to feel.

问题是 吸血鬼的本能不是体味人生

Isobel chose the easier road.No guilt and shame.

伊泽贝尔选的路更好走 不内疚 不羞愧

No regret. I mean, come on.If you could turn it off, wouldn't you?

不后悔 想想看 如果能摒弃七情六欲 你也会的吧

You haven't.Heh. Of course I have, Rick.

但你没有 我当然有 里克

That's why I'm so fun to be around.

所以我才能这么潇洒

Why did you want to meet me?It can't be to just catch up.

为什么要见我 不会是只想叙叙旧吧

Because I'm curious about you.

因为我对你甚是好奇

But the real reason is I want what your uncle wants Johnathan Gilbert's invention.

但真正的原因是 我要你叔叔要的那件东西 乔纳森·吉尔伯特的发明

How do you know my uncle?I used to spend a lot of time here when I was younger.

你怎么会认识我叔叔 我年轻的时候 在这住过很长一段时间

John had a crush on me for years.He was the first one that told me about vampires.

约翰爱上了我 他是第一个跟我说起吸血鬼的人

So, what made you want to be one?

那你为什么想变成吸血鬼

It's a very long list of reasons, Elena,All of which I'm sure you've thought about.

原因很多 埃琳娜 而且你也该想到过

词汇解析

1、turn off

驶离,离开(…路);转弯;拐入旁路

The truck turned off the main road along the gravelly track which led to the farm.

卡车驶离大路,沿着通向农场的碎石小道行进。

He turned off only to find he was trapped in a town square with no easy exit.

他转入岔路,却发现自己困在了一个难觅出口的市镇广场。

关上;关掉;截断,切断(…的供应)

The light's a bit too harsh. You can turn it off.

灯光有点太刺眼了。你可以把灯关掉。

I have to get up and turn off the radio.

我必须起床关上收音机。

使丧失兴趣

What turns teenagers off science and technology?

是什么使青少年对科学技术丧失了兴趣?

Teaching off a blackboard is boring, and undoubtedly turns people off.

照本宣科枯燥乏味,无疑会使人们丧失学习兴趣。


2、catch up

赶上;追上;跟上

I stopped and waited for her to catch up.

我停住脚步,等她追上来。

We caught up with the nuns.

我们赶上了修女们。

赶上,达到(标准、水平等)

Most late developers will catch up with their friends.

大多数身材发育迟缓者都会赶上他们的朋友。

John began the season better than me but I have fought to catch up.

赛季伊始,约翰的表现比我好,不过我经过努力追了上来。

牵扯进;卷入

The people themselves weren't part of the conflict; they were just caught up in it.

那些人本来和这场冲突不相干,他们只是被牵涉进去的。

Many African women, for reasons of poverty, get caught up in the drug trade.

许多非洲妇女为贫穷所迫堕入贩毒行业。

分享到