美剧精讲《吸血鬼日记》第一季第13集第7期:责任的重要性
日期:2016-04-19 20:24

(单词翻译:单击)

吸血鬼日记

You're going to turn both of them, aren't you?Katherine, please.Be Careful.

你会把他们俩都变成吸血鬼 对吗 凯瑟琳 拜托了 小心点

We'll all be safe, I promise.Mr. Gilbert's coming.Quick, your cheeks.Perfectly rosy.

我们都会没事的 我保证 吉尔伯特先生来了 快给我看看 你的脸 真粉嫩


Miss Pearl.May I have a moment?Yes, Mr. Gilbert.

珍珠小姐 可以占用您一点时间吗 当然 吉尔伯特先生

I'm still waiting for you to explain that comet in the sky.Your mother has an admirer.

我还在等你 给我解释划过天际的那颗彗星呢 你妈妈有个爱慕者哦

As descendants of the founding families,They'll want to know that they can count on you.

作为创始家族的后代 镇民们必须知道他们可以完全信任你

Of course they can.Is there any doubt?I'm not sure your bother Damon understands the importance of duty.

当然可以 有什么怀疑吗 我不确定你哥哥达蒙 是否理解责任的重要性

Damon left the confederacy on principle.It was his choice and should be respected.

达蒙的确脱离了南方联盟军 那是他的选择 我们应该尊重他

You'll forgive me if I have trouble respecting a deserter.Well, I never asked for your respect.

我可不尊重逃兵 请你们见谅 我从没要求你的尊重

Good for you, Damon.Because all I have is disappointment.

很好 达蒙 因为我对你只有失望

You said the town is in trouble?There's been too many deaths.

你说镇上陷入麻烦了 最近死太多人了

It is time for us to fight back and stop these killers.

是时候反击 阻止那些冷血杀手了

Killers? What are you talking about?We live amongst demons.

杀手 你在说什么 我们一直和魔鬼共居

You're being cryptic now, father.Why don't you just say the word?

你何必说的那么隐晦 父亲 为什么不把那个词说出来

Vampires.They exist.And they live amongst us.But we have a plan to kill them.And you're going to help us.

吸血鬼 他们确实存在 而且就生活在我们之中 但我们已有了消灭他们的计划 你们两个都要来帮忙

重点讲解

1、count on

期望;预计

The government thought it could count on the support of the trades unions.

政府认为可以指望获得工会的支持。

I'll be back. You can count on it.

我会回来的。你要相信。

指望;依靠;依赖

Don't count on Lillian.

别指望莉莲。

I can always count on you to cheer me up.

你总能使我振作起来。


2、principle

道德原则;行为准则;操守

Buck never allowed himself to be bullied into doing anything that went against his principles.

巴克从来不会因为受到威胁而做违背自己原则的事情。

moral principles.

道德准则

法则;原则;原理

a violation of the basic principles of Marxism.

违背马克思主义的基本原则

The doctrine was based on three fundamental principles.

这个学说建立在三条基本原理之上。

按照原则;根据信念

He would vote against it on principle.

他会根据原则投反对票。

His father, on principle, did not like to hear requests for money.

从原则上来说,他父亲不喜欢别人借钱。

分享到
重点单词
  • cometn. 慧星
  • principlen. 原则,原理,主义,信念
  • doctrinen. 教义,主义,学说,(政府政策的)正式声明
  • admirern. 赞赏者;钦佩者;爱慕者
  • violationn. 违反,违背,妨碍
  • desertern. 逃兵;背弃者;擅离职守者;脱党者
  • botherv. 使恼怒,使不安,烦扰,费心 n. 烦扰,麻烦,焦急
  • respectedadj. 受尊敬的 v. 尊敬;重视(respect的过
  • fundamentaladj. 基本的,根本的,重要的 n. 基本原理,基础
  • pearln. 珍珠 v. (用珍珠)装饰,呈珍珠状 adj. 珍