美剧精讲《吸血鬼日记》第二季第4集第6期:创立者宴会
日期:2016-12-13 17:54

(单词翻译:单击)

吸血鬼日记

Now, where were we?That's right.You were gonna tell me why you came back to Mystic Falls, weren't you?

我们说到哪了 想起来了 你正要告诉我 你为什么回到神秘瀑布镇

You didn't have to do this.Answer the question.

你不必用这种方式 回答问题


I came back for you.We're gonna play by my rules now.

我回来是为了你 现在要按我的规矩出牌

What are you doing?Answer the question.

你要干什么 回答我

You're going to torture me now?

你现在是要折磨我吗

I'm going to do whatever it takes to get you to tell me the truth.

为了让你老实交代 我会不择手段

Later that night at the Founder's Ball.I don't wanna hear anymore stories about the past.

创始人舞会的那天夜里 我不想再听什么过去的故事了

Yes, you do, Stefan.That's exactly what you want to hear.

不 你得听 斯特凡 这就是你想要的答案

She's all alone.Does this mean I can finally have you all to myself?

某人居然落单了 我终于有机会和你独处了吗

Your father's outdone himself.

你父亲真是神通广大啊

Knowing father, he'll want to throw a Founders Party every year.

说到我父亲 他正打算 每年举办一次创立者宴会呢

I must admit I am rather surprised that you'd come looking for me.

我不得不承认 我非常惊讶你会来找我

Because you're the rope in the Salvatore brother's tug-of-war?

因为已经有塞尔瓦托兄弟在争抢你了吗

No, because I'm a vampire who could kill you in your sleep.

不 因为我是个吸血鬼 可以杀你于梦中

I beg your pardon?Relax, george.I know you know my secret.

你说什么 别紧张 乔治 我知道你知道我的秘密

This conversation is over.And I know your secret, too.And I know that you're extra strong. Only not as strong.

谈话到此结束 我也知道你的秘密 我知道你非常强大 超乎一般的强大

词汇解析

1、torture

拷打;拷问;虐待

French police are convinced that she was tortured and killed.

法国警方确信她是被拷打致死。

Three members of the group had been tortured to death

该团体中有三个人被拷打致死。

折磨;使痛苦;使苦恼

He would not torture her further by trying to argue with her.

他不愿与她争辩,让她更痛苦。

She tortured herself with fantasies of Bob and his new girlfriend.

她想象着鲍勃和他的新女友在一起的情形,心里备受煎熬。

折磨;痛苦;苦恼;引起痛苦(或苦恼)的事物

Waiting for the result was torture.

等待结果的过程是一种折磨。

The friction of the sheets against his skin was torture

被单摩擦着他的皮肤,简直像是酷刑。


2、finally

终于;总算

The word was finally given for us to get on board.

终于通知我们登乘了。

The food finally arrived at the end of last week and distribution began.

食品总算在上周末运到并开始分发。

(用于引出观点等)最后,最后要说的是

Finally, who needs the theatre?

最后要说的是,谁还需要剧院呢?

And finally, a word about the winner and runner-up.

最后,来谈一谈冠亚军。

最后地;末尾地

The action slips from comedy to melodrama and finally to tragedy.

剧情从喜剧逐渐发展为情节剧,最后又演变为悲剧。

分享到
重点单词
  • frictionn. 摩擦,摩擦力,分歧
  • comedyn. 喜剧,滑稽,幽默事件
  • distributionn. 分发,分配,散布,分布
  • conversationn. 会话,谈话
  • pardonn. 原谅,赦免 vt. 宽恕,原谅
  • melodraman. 音乐剧,通俗剧,传奇剧式的事件
  • convincedadj. 信服的