美剧精讲《吸血鬼日记》第一季第9集第16期:彗星再临
日期:2016-02-11 12:13

(单词翻译:单击)

吸血鬼日记

Did you know that witches can use celestial events

你知道巫师能够利用天体活动

to draw energy into their magic?Pfft. Me either.

吸收能量并注入到他们的魔法里吗 开始我也不知道


But in order to give the crystal its power,

但是为了赋予水晶能量

Emily used the comet that was passing overhead,

艾米莉利用飞过头顶的彗星吸收能量

And in order for that crystal to work again.The comet had to return.

而为了使水晶重新发挥作用 彗星必须轮回一次

Downside...long time in between comets

弊端是 彗星轮回一次需要很多年

And a couple of hiccups along the way with the crystal,

而水晶在历史的流传中也容易发生意外

But the comet passed, and I got the crystal.

但最终等到彗星再临 我也得到了水晶

And then Caroline got the crystal,And now Bonnie has the crystal,

然后又到了卡罗琳手里 现在又到了邦妮手里

And here we are.Why would Emily.

然后就是现在这样了 艾米莉为什么

Why would she do this for you?

她为什么要帮你

Because she kwew they were gonna come for her, too,

因为她知道他们最终也会对她下手的

And she made me promise that her lineage would survive.

她要我保证她的血脉能够流存下去

I remember. You... you saved her children.

我记得 你救了她的孩子

Yeah. It's the only thing keeping me From ripping that little Bonnie girl's

没错 正是因为这个原因 我才没有咬断邦妮的喉咙

Throat out to get my crystal back.Oh, well. Deal's a deal.

夺回我的水晶 毕竟 说话要算数嘛

So...You wanna go throw some more?I can't believe I fell for it.

那么 还想继续玩吗 不敢相信我竟然听信了你那一套

Are you ok? - I must go.She's leaving, I'm leaving.

你没事吧 我必须走了 她走 我也走

You guys can't leave. -Oh, I can.

你们不能走 -当然可以

I've had enough freaky fake witch stuff for one night.

我受够了一晚上乱七八糟假女巫的怪事

Thank you for having me.I can't believe I fell for it.Where are you going?

谢谢你们陪我 现在我一个人可以了 你要去哪里

Back to where it all began. - Bonnie.

回到一切开始的地方 -邦妮

Bonnie.Oh, my god.Emily!I won't let him have it.It must be destroyed.

邦妮 天啊 艾米莉 我不能让他得到 必须毁掉它

重点讲解

1、survive

生存;存活;幸存

the sequence of events that left the eight pupils battling to survive in icy seas for over four hours.

致使这 8 个小学生在冰冷的海水里挣扎求生四个多小时的一连串事件

Those organisms that are most suited to the environment will be those that will survive.

最适宜该环境的微生物将会存活下来。

挺过;艰难度过

On my first day here I thought, 'Ooh, how will I survive?'

我第一天到这儿时就想,“天哪,我怎么能挺过去呢?”

people who are struggling to survive without jobs.

艰难度日的失业者

幸存;幸免于难;留存

When the market economy is introduced, many factories will not survive.

引入市场经济后,许多工厂将面临倒闭。

The chances of a planet surviving a supernova always looked terribly slim.

行星躲过超新星爆发的几率总是十分渺茫。


2、destroy

毁坏;破坏;毁灭;摧毁

That's a sure recipe for destroying the economy and creating chaos.

那样做肯定会破坏经济、制造混乱。

No one was injured in the explosion, but the building was completely destroyed.

没有人在爆炸中受伤,但大楼遭到了彻底毁坏。

毁掉…的生活;使垮掉

If I was younger or more naive, the criticism would have destroyed me.

如果我再年轻一些,或是再单纯一些,那些批评可能就会把我给毁了。

杀死,消灭(生病或具危险性的动物)

Lindsay was unhurt but the horse had to be destroyed.

林赛没有受伤,但那匹马却不得不被人道毁灭。

分享到
重点单词
  • recipen. 食谱,秘诀,药方
  • chaosn. 混乱,无秩序,混沌
  • explosionn. 爆炸,爆发,激增
  • sequencen. 顺序,连续,次序,序列,一系列 vt. 按顺序排好
  • survivevt. 比 ... 活得长,幸免于难,艰难度过 vi.
  • crystaln. 水晶,晶体 adj. 晶体的,透明的
  • naiveadj. 天真的,幼稚的
  • fell动词fall的过去式 n. 兽皮 vt. 砍伐,击倒 a
  • cometn. 慧星
  • planetn. 行星