美剧精讲《吸血鬼日记》第二季第4集第4期:挺身而出
日期:2016-12-11 16:58

(单词翻译:单击)

吸血鬼日记

Damon's private stock.That's right! You don't do human.I read that.

这是达蒙的私藏 想起来了 你不喝人血 我读到了

I also read about your recent werewolf sighting.That must have come as a surprise.

我还读到你最近注意上了狼人 狼人这事肯定令你很震惊吧


What do you know about werewolves?I know not to pet one.

关于狼人 你知道些什么 我知道 别养狼人当宠物

Their bite kills, Stefan.It's best to stay clear of them during a full moon.

让它们咬一口会致命 斯特凡 满月时最好离它们远点

And how do you know this?

你怎么知道这些的

Who do you think was responsible for ridding this town of vampires in 1864?

你觉得1864年 是谁除掉了这个镇上的所有吸血鬼

The founding families.Spearheaded by?The Lockwoods.

创始家族 带头的是 洛克伍德家族

You remember the Founder's Ball, don't you?The one that you were dreaming about?

还记得创始人晚会吧 你刚梦到的那个

I was your escort.That was before you and Damon knew about my little secret.

我是你的男伴 当时你和达蒙还不知道我是吸血鬼

Everyone, will you please join me in raising your glasses to my good friend George Lockwood.

大家请同我一同举杯 敬我亲爱的朋友乔治·洛克伍德一杯

George, thank you for so bravely defending the south.

乔治 谢谢你英勇捍卫南方

My honor, Mr. Salvatore.After all, someone had to do it.

我的荣幸 塞尔瓦托先生 毕竟 总有人得挺身而出

May I have a word, Miss Katherine?Grab a glass, Henry. It's a celebration.Please, Miss Katherine.

借一步说话 凯瑟琳小姐 亨利 你也来一杯吧 这可是庆典 拜托 凯瑟琳小姐

I looked into those attacks from the other night.It wasn't vampires.

我调查了那天晚上的袭击事件 不是吸血鬼干的

That's good news, Henry.That means we have nothing to worry about.

这是好消息 亨利 这意味着我们没什么好担心的了

I'm afraid you don't understand.Those folks were torn apart in ways I've never seen before.

恐怕你还没有了解我的意思 那些受害者被撕裂的方式我前所未见

词汇解析

1、private

私立的,私有的,私营的,民营的

a joint venture with private industry.

与私营企业建立的合资企业

Bupa runs private hospitals in Britain.

保柏在英国开办私立医院。

个人的;私人的

the law's insistence that private citizens are not permitted to have weapons.

法律坚持要求公民个人不得持有武器

The King was on a private visit to enable him to pray at the tombs of his ancestors.

国王以私人身份出访,以便能够祭拜先祖陵墓。

(想法、感觉)私密的,隐私的,内心的

We all felt as if we were intruding on his private grief.

我们都觉得似乎触及到了他内心的伤痛。

the enactment of her private sexual fantasies.

她内心产生了性幻想


2、responsible

负有责任的;应承担责任的

He still felt responsible for her death.

他仍然觉得自己对她的死负有责任。

I want you to do everything you can to find out who's responsible.

我希望你能尽一切可能找出责任人。

责任重大的

I work in a government office. It's a responsible position, I suppose, but not very exciting.

我在政府机关工作。我想那是一个责任重大的职位,但并不是很有意思。

They have been demoted to less responsible jobs.

他们被降职去做不太重要的工作。

分享到
重点单词
  • venturen. 冒险,风险,投机 v. 尝试,谨慎地做,冒险一试
  • permittedadj. 被允许的 v. 允许(permit的过去分词)
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为
  • enactmentn. (法律的) 制定,法规
  • jointadj. 联合的,共同的,合资的,连带的 n. 关节,接
  • insistencen. 坚持,强调,坚决主张
  • stockn. 存货,储备; 树干; 血统; 股份; 家畜 adj
  • griefn. 悲痛,忧伤