美剧精讲《吸血鬼日记》第一季第16集第1期:人贱自有天收
日期:2016-06-03 22:18

(单词翻译:单击)

吸血鬼日记

Hey, mom.Mom.Hey, mom.What? I'm trying to sleep.

妈 妈 妈 干什么 我还想睡呢

Uh, I was just making sure you were alive.

我只是看看你在不在


I'm sorry, sweetie.It was a late night.My head is throbbing.

对不起 亲爱的 昨天睡得太晚 我头疼得一跳一跳的

Yeah, um,I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't bring the party home.

是啊 你以后不把人带回家开派对 我会感激不尽的

And I'm pretty sure the neighbors would appreciate it, too.

我相信邻居们也是

It wasn't a party. It was one guy.Don't be so judgy.

哪有派对 就一个人而已 别这么刻薄嘛

Yeah, well,I talked Tooberta at the grill and there's still a bartending position open.

好吧 那个...我有和酒吧的图波塔聊过 她那儿还缺一个酒保

If you, uh, wanted to get a job.

如果你想找份工作的话

Well, I figured she'd still be pissed about the last time I worked there.

我想她一定还在生气 之前我在那儿工作惹恼她了

I think she's desperate.I'll check it out.Yeah?

我觉得她现在特别缺人手 我会去试试的 真的

Don't act so surprised.Well, I mean, I just...

干嘛这么惊讶 我是说 我只是

I didn't know how long you planned on sticking around here.

我不知道你打算在家留多久

Well, there is back rent due.It's back in everything, mom.

到期的房租尚未付款 很多东西都没付款呢 妈

Like I said, I'll check it out.Who's that?

我说了 我会去试试的 是谁

That's Caroline.Easy.Yeah, come in.Hi, Mrs. Donovan.

卡罗琳 放松点 进来吧 你好 多诺万夫人

Ok, well, we're gonna be late,So, let's just get going.Yeah.How are you?Good.

我们要迟到了 赶快出发吧 嗯 你还好吗 很好

Damon hasn't said a word to me.Every time I try to talk to him, he shuts me down.

达蒙不肯跟我说话 每次我试着找他谈谈 他都拒我于千里之外

Do you think he's still trying to find katherine?I don't know.

你觉得他仍想找凯瑟琳吗 我不知道

He waited 145 years,Only to find out that katherine could not care less.

他等了145年 结果却发现凯瑟琳根本不在乎他

I mean, that's gotta hurt, right?And it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

一定很伤心 是吧 人贱自有天收

重点讲解

1、appreciate

欣赏;鉴赏;赏识

Anyone can appreciate our music.

任何人都能欣赏我们的音乐。

In time you'll appreciate the beauty and subtlety of this language.

总有一天你会体会到这门语言的优美和微妙之处。

领会;了解;认识

She never really appreciated the depth and bitterness of the Irish conflict.

她从来没有真正认识到爱尔兰矛盾的深刻和激烈。

He appreciates that co-operation with the media is part of his professional duties.

他懂得与媒体合作是自己工作职责的一部分。

感谢;感激

Peter stood by me when I most needed it. I'll always appreciate that.

当我最需要的时候,彼得在我身边支持我。我将永存感激。

Thanks, lads. I appreciate it.

谢了,哥们儿。我很感激。

2、desperate

(因绝望而)孤注一掷的,铤而走险的,拼命的

Troops are needed to help get food into Kosovo where people are in desperate need.

需要军队帮助将科索沃人民亟需的食品送抵那里。

Desperate with anxiety, Bob and Hans searched the whole house.

焦急万分的鲍勃和汉斯把整座房子找了个遍。

极需要的;渴望的

They'd been married nearly four years and June was desperate to start a family.

他们结婚已快4年了,琼非常渴望要个孩子。

People are desperate for him to do something.

人们极希望他能做点什么。

极困难的;极严重的;极危险的

India's United Nations ambassador said the situation is desperate.

印度驻联合国大使说形势非常危急。

I decided not to abandon John when he was in such a desperate position.

我决定不在约翰走投无路的时候抛弃他。

分享到