位置:首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 复仇 > 正文
美剧《复仇》第3季第2集第4期:灵魂的摧毁力
日期:2018-09-21 07:41

(单词翻译:单击)

Then I did some missionary work overseas

我在海外传教了一段时间

before being assigned to St. Francis.

然后被指派到旧金山教会

That's quite a radical shift from the corporate life.

从上班族变成神父 可真是很大的转变

Why did you do it?

为什么选择这么做呢

Well, I was there for the David Clarke scandal.

我转任神职是因为大卫·克拉克丑闻

And when he died in prison,

他死于狱中的消息

it really hit me what greed can do to a soul.

令我感触到贪念对灵魂的摧毁力

So I looked out my office window and all the way uptown,

我透过办公室的窗户 眺望整个城市

and I knew that there were millions of souls

意识到虽然我救不了大卫·克拉克

on the street, tormented, that I could help

但我还可以帮助街上

in ways that I hadn't helped him.

数以百万计饱受煎熬的灵魂

So I quit Grayson Global, joined the seminary,

所以我从格雷森国际辞职 报读了神学院

And ten years later, here we are.

十年以后 就是现在这样了

I'm sorry. I heard about your father's Huntington's diagnosis.

听说你父亲罹患亨廷顿氏症 我深表遗憾

How are your parents holding up?

你父母还好吧

Well, as good as could be expected, I guess.

我想还算不错吧

I take it you're not in touch with them anymore.

你和他们断绝联系了吗

They weren't exactly happy with my exit from the firm.

他们因为我辞职的事不太高兴

Well, since you're officiating,

既然你要主持我的婚礼

maybe this was meant to be.

看来你们不得不再碰面了

- Hey, Father, do you-- do you mind? - Oh, go ahead.

-神父 你介意我... -去吧

T-try her out, take her out for a test drive,

试走一遍过场

see how she feels.

看看感觉怎么样

My gut tells me you aren't the girl

直觉告诉我你不是

that dreamt of a big church wedding.

那种喜欢盛大的教堂婚礼的女孩

分享到
重点单词
  • seminaryn. 神学院,学院,发源地
  • corporateadj. 社团的,法人的,共同的,全体的
  • greedn. 贪心,贪婪
  • shiftn. 交换,变化,移动,接班者 v. 更替,移转,变声
  • scandaln. 丑闻,中伤,反感,耻辱
  • radicaladj. 激进的,基本的,彻底的 n. 激进分子
  • globaladj. 全球性的,全世界的,球状的,全局的