位置:首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 复仇 > 正文
美剧《复仇》第一季 第186期:佳人有约
日期:2013-09-15 17:06

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Expecting someone, a date?
在等人吗 佳人有约
No. Lawyer. She's late.
不 在等律师 她迟到了
All right. Well, I'll make this quick.
那我长话短说
Now that I'm leaving business school
既然我现在办了休学
and committing myself to the company,
全身心投入公司事务中
I think it's only fair that you release my trust.
我想你也该把信托基金交还给我了
Mom's agreed to sign off on it,
妈妈已经同意了
but obviously, I need you to as well.
但显然 还需要你首肯
Renegotiating the terms of your employ already?
这就开始对雇佣条款讨价还价了
That's, uh... that's the Grayson way.
真是典型格雷森的作风
Well, consider it a show of faith.
就当做是你对我的信任吧
I'm ready to take my seat at the table.
我已经准备好担当重任了
Well, all right, then.
那好吧
I'll have the lawyers get into it.
我会让律师处理的
Am I interrupting?
我来得不是时候吗
Oh, no. No, I was just leaving.
不不 我准备走了
Thanks, dad.
谢谢你 爸爸
Yes, sir.
好的 先生
So Daniel says that
丹尼尔说
he wants to follow in his old man's footsteps
他想追随他父亲的脚步
on the condition that I reactivate his trust.
条件是我重新解冻他的信托基金
His mother has already agreed to it.
他妈妈已经同意了
Curious timing,
真是巧
since our request to reclaim her shares just went out this morning.
我们今早刚提出收回她的股权
You did say she has a powerful influence over him.
你说过她对丹尼尔很有影响力
Yeah, and if I refuse him outright,
是的 但如果我直接拒绝他
she has everything she needs
她就会趁机煽风点火
to turn my son against me entirely.
让儿子跟我彻底敌对

重点解释

Now that I'm leaving business school and committing myself to the company,既然我现在办了休学,全身心投入公司事务中

now that既然;由于,因为

Now that I am free, I can enjoy music for a while.

既然有空,我可以享受一下音乐。

Now that she has apologized, I am content.

既然她已经道了歉,我也就满意了

commit to把 ... 托付给; 把 ... 置于

He was committed to the care of an aunt.

他被托付给给一个婕妈照顾。

He didn't commit himself to anything.

他没有作任何承诺。

Mom's agreed to sign off on it,妈妈已经同意了

sign off on赞同

We need a few more people to sign off on this proposal.

我们需要更多一些人在这个提议上签字。

The President hasn't signed off on this report.

这份报告总统没有批准。

but obviously, I need you to as well.但显然,还需要你首肯

as well也;又

He is a friend in word as well as in deed.

他是个言行如一的朋友。

he wants to follow in his old man's footsteps on the condition that I reactivate his trust.他想追随他父亲的脚步条件是我重新解冻他的信托基金

on the condition that在 ... 条件下

He was granted his freedom on the condition that he leave the country.

他已获准恢复自由,条件是他离开这个国家。

分享到
重点单词
  • deedn. 事迹,行为,[法]契约 vt. 立契转让 a
  • releasen. 释放,让渡,发行 vt. 释放,让与,准予发表,发
  • committedadj. 献身于某种事业的,委托的
  • reactivatev. 使重新活跃,恢复活动
  • proposaln. 求婚,提议,建议
  • reclaimv. 开垦,纠正,收回
  • requestn. 要求,请求 vt. 请求,要求
  • employ雇用,使用
  • curiousadj. 好奇的,奇特的
  • refusev. 拒绝 n. 垃圾,废物 adj. 无用的