位置:首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 复仇 > 正文
美剧《复仇》第一季 第164期:私下协商离婚
日期:2013-08-22 18:58

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

It's not surprising that, after this initial meeting,
不出意外 经过首次交涉
Conrad has no intention of
康拉德无意拱手让出
simply handing over what we're asking for.
我们要求的东西
I think you should be prepared for this to proceed to trial.
我觉得你要做好跟他对薄公堂的准备
No. We'll handle this matter privately.
不行 这官司必须私下和解
Then you may want to consider what you're willing to give up
那您就得考虑做些取舍
to avoid that eventuality.
以避免和解谈判失败
I've already given up far too much.
我舍弃的已经够多的了
Well, I'm afraid you can't have it both ways.
那我必须提醒您 鱼和熊掌不可兼得
If talks break down in mediation,
如果仲裁调解失败
our best chance at defeating Conrad will be
对付康拉德最好的时机就是
to expose his infidelities in open court.
在公开审判时 将他不忠的事情曝光
This is a point you've made abundantly clear.
这个观点你已经阐述的很详细了
There are other considerations.
毕竟还要有所顾及
What,
关于什么
Charlotte and Daniel?
夏洛特和丹尼尔吗
That's exactly what opposing counsel is counting on--
你的软肋正中对方律师下怀
Your maternal instincts working against your self-interest.
母性本能会损害你的自身利益
You're playing right into their hands.
你这是自投罗网
There's more than one way to lose a child in a divorce.
在离婚中 一不小心就会失去孩子的心
You're not gonna lose anything.
你不会失去任何东西
I happen to be quite good at what I do, Victoria,
维多利亚 我是非常优秀的律师
But I can't do anything unless you start trusting me.
但你若不信任我 我也爱莫能助
You said you were willing to get your hands dirty.
你说过你不介意玩阴的
Well, that time is fast approaching.
现在就是耍手段的大好时机
My hands are already dirty.
手段我已经耍了
That prenup I signed before we were married?
关于我签的那份婚前协议
I lied.
我撒了谎
I wasn't really pregnant when I signed it.
我签字的时候并没有怀孕
The contract is valid.
那份协议是有效的

重点解释

Then you may want to consider what you're willing to give up to avoid that eventuality.那您就得考虑做些取舍以避免和解谈判失败

be willing to愿意; 乐意

He will be willing to tide us over.

他愿意帮助我们渡过难关。

Are you willing to stand surety for your brother?

你愿意当你弟弟的保证人吗?

give up放弃

She doesn't give up easily.

她做任何事都不轻易放弃。

The doctors had given her up but she made a remarkable recovery.

医生们已放弃了治愈她的希望,而她却恢复得很好。

That's exactly what opposing counsel is counting on--你的软肋正中对方律师下怀

count on指望

I'll count on it.

我就指望它了。

After a broken promise, it is hard to count on a person.

一次失约,再要人相信你就难了。

I happen to be quite good at what I do, Victoria,维多利亚,我是非常优秀的律师

happen to碰巧; 正巧

We happen to hold the same view.

我们两人的想法不谋而合。

If you happen to be in town, would you ask about it?

你要是有机会进城,可否问问这事?

分享到
重点单词
  • initialn. (词)首字母 adj. 开始的,最初的,字首的 v
  • mediationn. 调解;仲裁;调停
  • counseln. 商议,忠告,法律顾问 v. 商议,劝告
  • trustingadj. 信任的;轻信的 v. 信赖(trust的ing
  • handlen. 柄,把手 v. 买卖,处理,操作,驾驭
  • exposevt. 揭露,使暴露,使曝光,使面临
  • intentionn. 意图,意向,目的
  • contractn. 合同,契约,婚约,合约 v. 订合同,缩短,缩小,
  • remarkableadj. 显著的,异常的,非凡的,值得注意的
  • opposingadj. 反作用的,反向的,相反的,对立的 动词oppo