位置:首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 复仇 > 正文
美剧《复仇》第一季第20集 第17期:买房子
日期:2014-10-30 19:00

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Mr. Porter?
波特先生
Yeah.

I'm Nolan Ross.
我叫诺兰·罗斯
I'm the guy who bought your house
我就是那个买了你家房子
and all the houses around your house.
还有附近产业的人
Oh, congratulations.
恭喜
Well, when I asked my business manager
当我跟我经纪人说
to look for property...
找房子时
I didn't realize he'd be displacing so many families.
我没想到他会为此影响到这么多家庭
Yeah, well, that's life.
这就是生活
Uh, what I'm trying to say is,
我想说
it's not too late for me to pull out of escrow.
你现在想退出第三方托管还来得及
Well, nobody's asking you to do that.
没人求你这么做
It's not a problem.
没问题的
Well, not for you, maybe.
对你而言 也许是
But see, I can't afford to keep that place.
但我没钱保住这个房子
I mean, look, my wife walked out
几年前 我妻子丢下
on me and my boys years ago.
我和孩子们走了
She shows up last month asking for a divorce
上个月她突然出现 提出离婚
and half of everything I own.
并索要我一半的财产
Not even a mention of a hello to her own children.
她甚至都没跟孩子们道个好
I'm sorry.
我很抱歉
So it's either the house or the bar.
所以酒吧和房子 我只能保住一个
Now if--if you pull out of the deal,
如果你现在退出协议

重点解释

it's not too late for me to pull out of escrow.你现在想退出第三方托管还来得及
too ... to ...太 ... 以至于不能 ...
He walked too slowly to catch up with me.
他走得太慢而不能跟上我。
He's too spineless to ask for more money.
他没有勇气要求更多的钱。

But see, I can't afford to keep that place.但我没钱保住这个房子
afford to付得起, 能承担
We can afford to overlook minor offences.
我们可以不计较小过。
I can't afford to spend any more on food.
用在食物上的钱,再多一点儿我也花不起了。

She shows up last month asking for a divorce上个月她突然出现提出离婚
show up揭露;露面,出现
His show-off only serves to show up his ignorance.
他的卖弄只不过暴露了他自己的无知。
The dust on the shelf show up in the sunlight.
在阳光照射下能看见架子上有灰尘。

分享到
重点单词
  • overlookvt. 俯瞰,远眺,没注意到,忽视 n. 高出
  • portern. 搬运工,门房,(火车卧铺车厢或豪华车厢的)乘务员,
  • shelfn. 架子,搁板
  • ignorancen. 无知
  • propertyn. 财产,所有物,性质,地产,道具
  • minoradj. 较小的,较少的,次要的 n. 未成年人,辅修科