位置:首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 复仇 > 正文
美剧《复仇》第一季 第182期:和恶魔做交易
日期:2013-09-11 19:54

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

I've always been amazed at how you can make 20,000 square feet
我一直惊叹你如何把两万平方英尺
feel warm and inviting.
布置得温馨又迷人
Still, wiout Conrad, it feels somehow empty.
不过少了康纳德 还是略感冷清
Now rumor has it, he's moved in to the Southfork.
据说他搬到南方酒店去了
And good riddance.
终于摆脱他了
This is one village that won't miss its idiot.
这里再也不会欢迎他了
Besides, I didn't bring you here for Conrad.
话说回来 我请你过来不是为康纳德
I brought you here for Amanda Clarke.
我请你过来是为了阿曼达·克拉克
Amanda Clarke? Yes.
阿曼达·克拉克 没错
She's returned to town, and I want you to find out why.
她回镇上来了 我要你去查出原因
How am I supposed to do that?
这让我怎么查
You interviewed her after the trial.
你在审讯后采访过她
Tell her you'd like to talk to her about your memoirs
告诉她 你想为自传跟她聊聊
as a way of reflecting on the past.
算是对过去的回顾
I'm not sure I'm comfortable with that.
我可能无法心安理得这么做
Then get comfortable with it.
那想想让你心安理得的理由
You'd still be covering earnings reports
要不是我
in the back pages of the "Journal" if it weren't for me.
你现在还在给报纸末版写盈利报告
Don't forget it.
别忘了
Trust me, one doesn't easily forget
相信我 任何人都不会轻易忘记
a deal he's made with the devil.
与魔鬼做的交易
Fine. I'll talk to her.
好吧 我会和她谈的
I'm sure the girl is just here to get some closure.
我确信这个女孩只是来了却些心结的
The question is how far she will go to get it.
关键是她要如何了却这些心结

重点解释

I've always been amazed at how you can make 20,000 square feet feel warm and inviting.我一直惊叹你如何把两万平方英尺布置得温馨又迷人

be amazed at吃惊于 ...

I was amazed at the extent of his knowledge.

我对他知识的渊博感到惊奇。

I was amazed at her ability to cope with the difficult situation.

她对付困境的能力使我惊讶。

She's returned to town, and I want you to find out why.她回镇上来了,我要你去查出原因

return to回到; 恢复

He yearned to return to his native land.

他渴望回到故乡。

I'll return to this point in my lecture in a little while.

过一会儿我还要回过来讲这个问题。

find out发现;找出来;揭发

We shall find out the truth early or late.

我们迟早会查明事实真相。

You can find out many advantages in urban life.

你会发现都市生活中有许多便利之处。

How am I supposed to do that?这让我怎么查

supposed to猜想会; 应该

I'm supposed to be there at five.

我得五点钟到那儿。

You're supposed to pay the bill by Friday.

你最晚在星期五结清这笔帐。

分享到
重点单词
  • coveringn. 覆盖物,遮避物 adj. 掩护的,掩盖的
  • trialadj. 尝试性的; 审讯的 n. 尝试,努力,试验,试
  • urbanadj. 城市的,都市的
  • extentn. 广度,宽度,长度,大小,范围,范围,程度 n. [
  • rumorn. 谣言,传闻 vt. 谣传
  • invitingadj. 吸引人的,诱人的 动词invite的现在分词