位置:首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 复仇 > 正文
美剧《复仇》第一季 第195期:一切都有变化的可能
日期:2013-10-04 21:41

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

He says you wrote him a note
他说 在他定罪前一晚
on the eve of his conviction
给他写了一张纸条
promising to go to prosecutor Kingsly
许诺你会去找检察官金斯莱
with information that would exonerate him.
呈上能帮他洗脱罪名的证据
Clearly no such thing came to pass.
事实证明这是没有的事儿
So you're denying the existence of that note?
所以你否认那张纸条的存在吗
That's the end of the interview.
采访结束了
But it's only just begun.
这才刚刚开始
David Clarke's obviously using you
大卫·克拉克明显是在利用你
to try and sell his preposterous story
让更多人相信他的荒谬故事
in a desperate attempt to launch some sort of appeal.
只为获得上诉做最后一搏
And that's something any reporter worth his salt
称职的记者都该
would recognize immediately.
马上识破这个计谋
We'll have no part of it.
我们不会参与此事
As you wish.
随便你们
But I'm going to write this story
不管你们接不接受采访
with or without your input.
我都会发表这个故事
Feel free to sue me.
尽管起诉我吧
My only asset is an answering machine
我的唯一财产就是一部答录机
brimming over with livid messages from my creditors.
里面全是债主的咆哮体留言
You see, I have nothing to lose, Mr. and Mrs. Grayson.
正如所见 我一无所有 格雷森先生夫人
While you, it would appear, have plenty.
而看上去你们坐拥甚多
Just a moment, Mr. Treadwell.
等等 特德韦尔先生
Perhaps there is an arrangement that can be made after all.
或许还有其他可行的方案

重点解释

Clearly no such thing came to pass.事实证明这是没有的事儿

come to pass 发生(出现;实现)

How exactly did that come to pass?

那是怎么发生的?

I doubt if his promises will ever come to pass.

我怀疑他的那些许诺是否会兑现。

in a desperate attempt to launch some sort of appeal.只为获得上诉做最后一搏

attempt to企图, 努力

I would be the last to attempt to answer the question.

我是最不可能去尝试回答这个问题。

I made no attempt to make friends with her.

我没有打算要和她做朋友。

some sort of 某种的; 仿佛; 多少有些

Let's try to rig up some sort of shelter.

让我们赶快搭个遮风挡雨的棚吧。

He's pulling some sort of trick.

他不定在耍什麽花招。

Perhaps there is an arrangement that can be made after all.或许还有其他可行的方案

after all毕竟;到底;终究

It seems so absurd to bear malice after all that.

经过这一切之后还抱有怨恨情绪是很荒谬的。

The play came to an end after all.

这场戏总算结束了。

分享到
重点单词
  • interviewn. 接见,会见,面试,面谈 vt. 接见,采访,对 .
  • recognizevt. 认出,认可,承认,意识到,表示感激
  • appealn. 恳求,上诉,吸引力 n. 诉诸裁决 v. 求助,诉
  • suevt. 控告,起诉 vi. 请求,追求,起诉
  • absurdadj. 荒唐的 n. 荒唐
  • arrangementn. 安排,商议,整理,布置,商定,[音]改编,改编曲
  • sheltern. 庇护所,避难所,庇护 v. 庇护,保护,隐匿
  • promisingadj. 有希望的,有前途的
  • convictionn. 定罪,信服,坚信
  • preposterousadj. 荒谬的,可笑的