位置:首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 复仇 > 正文
美剧《复仇》第一季 第233期:机会主义者
日期:2013-11-27 18:55

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

It's Victoria's pet bird.
原来是维多利亚的百灵鸟啊
She wanted to me to pick up
她让我来问你
your list of invites for Fire&Ice.
冰与火 订婚宴你邀请的宾客名单
Oh, well, unfortunately, it's incomplete.
很可惜 名单还没出
My secretary is still working on the crossover
我的秘书还在整理那些
as Victoria and I are still socially intertwined.
我和维多利亚社交圈重合的人名
Okay. I'll let Mrs. Grayson know.
好的 我会转告格雷森夫人
What's your game, young lady?
你打着什么算盘呢 小姑娘
I beg your pardon?
你说什么
Well, you're too refined to be a grifter
要当骗子 你太过高雅
and you're too smart to be a lackey.
若当仆人 你又太过聪明
So I suppose the polite word for it
所以形容你最恰当又礼貌的词应该是
would be opportunist.
机会主义者
So if it's opportunity you're looking for,
如果你是在寻求机会的话
you're hitching your wagon to the wrong Grayson.
你可把前程托付给了错的对象
Oh, I know all about how Victoria treats her help.
我很清楚维多利亚是如何对待她的帮手的
I mean, you know, she keeps you at bay
她先让你走投无路
and then she draws you in, gives you promises,
然后招你进来 给你承诺
and as soon as you think she's gonna let you fly,
而就在你觉得她要让你自由翱翔之时
she clips your wings and puts you back in your cage.
她会折断你的翅膀 重新锁进笼子里
I wouldn't settle for that
如果我是你的话
if I were you.
我可无法接受那样
Why don't you have your secretary
当你的名单定好后
e-mail me the list when you're ready, Mr. Grayson?
不如让你秘书发邮件给我吧 格雷森先生

重点解释

Well, you're too refined to be a grifter要当骗子你太过高雅

too...to...太...以至于不能...

He walked too slowly to catch up with me.

他走得太慢而不能跟上我。

He's too spineless to ask for more money.

他没有勇气要求更多的钱。

So if it's opportunity you're looking for,you're hitching your wagon to the wrong Grayson.如果你是在寻求机会的话你可把前程托付给了错的对象

look for寻找;寻求;期待

We must look for somewhere to live.

我们必须找个地方住下。

We combed the city to look for our lost dog.

我们搜遍了全城寻找我们走失了的狗。

I mean, you know, she keeps you at bay她先让你走投无路

at bay陷入困境

He held me at bay with a long knife.

他用一把长刀阻止我接近。

Charlotte bit her lip to hold the tears at bay.

夏洛特咬住嘴唇不让眼泪流出来。

分享到
重点单词
  • settlev. 安顿,解决,定居 n. 有背的长凳
  • opportunityn. 机会,时机
  • incompleteadj. 不完全的,不完整的
  • refinedadj. 精炼的,优雅的,精细的 v. 精炼,净化,使
  • pardonn. 原谅,赦免 vt. 宽恕,原谅
  • smartadj. 聪明的,时髦的,漂亮的,敏捷的,轻快的,整洁的
  • wagonn. 四轮马车,货车 v. 用四轮马车运