位置:首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 复仇 > 正文
美剧《复仇》第一季第16集 第18期:金钱贿赂
日期:2014-05-08 18:57

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

视频出处:

本影片片段来自《复仇》

And what role did you and Conrad play in those indiscretions?
那你和康纳德是怎么处理这些鲁莽的呢
I'm not sure I follow you.
我不懂你在说什么
Did you honestly believe I wouldn't find out
你们真以为我不会发现
you paid off a judge last summer
去年夏天 你们花钱买通法官
to downgrade daniel's D.U.I. And reckless endangerment charges?
减轻了丹尼尔酒驾和过失伤害罪的判罚吗
Where on earth did you hear this?
你从哪里听说到这些的
I told him.
是我告诉他的
I thought you were on Daniel's side.
我以为你是站在丹尼尔这边的
Or was that just a ruse?
还是说那只是个诡计
As far as I'm concerned, Emily is the only one here
就我而言 艾米莉是这里唯一一个
who seems to have Daniel's best interests at heart.
真正关心丹尼尔利益的人
No one loves my son more than I do.
没有人比我更爱我的儿子
What if the prosecution
要是控方律师
had blindsided me with that mid-trial?
拿这案子攻我不备怎么办
We were very discreet.
我们处理得很谨慎
That girl was almost killed.
那女孩差点死掉
Her brother took a 9-iron to Daniel's Aston Martin.
她哥拿着9寸长的铁撬往丹尼尔的车上砸
Many people know exactly what you did.
很多人心知肚明
Everyone's looking for a member
每个人都想在1%的富人中
of the 1% to smack down,
找到一个能穷追猛打的人
and Daniel is tailor-made to take that fall.
而丹尼尔正成为了他们的目标
So unless you're ready to level with me,
除非你们准备跟我说实话
I might as well be up at Shinnecock Hills
否则我还不如去辛尼克山
practicing my backswing.
练网球好了
Of course, Mr. Brooks.
当然 布鲁克斯先生
From here on out, you'll have
从现在起
complete and utter candor from both of us.
我们将坦诚相待 绝无保留

重点解释

Did you honestly believe I wouldn't find out you paid off a judge last summer你们真以为我不会发现去年夏天你们花钱买通法官

pay off偿清(欠款等);贿赂;取得成功;有报偿,得到回报

He has a huge overdraft to pay off.

他有一大笔透支要偿还。

It took them three years to pay off the debt.

他们三年才还清欠债。

So unless you're ready to level with me,除非你们准备跟我说实话

level with 对 ... 说实话

He didn't level with me about his impression.

他没有和我坦率地说起他的印象。

I might as well be up at Shinnecock Hills practicing my backswing.否则我还不如去辛尼克山练网球好了

as well也;又

He is a friend in word as well as in deed.

他是个言行如一的朋友。

A teacher should entertain as well as teach.

教师不仅要教书,也要激起学生的兴趣。

分享到
重点单词
  • recklessadj. 不计后果的,大意的,鲁莽的
  • impressionn. 印象,效果
  • discreetadj. 谨慎的
  • concernedadj. 担忧的,关心的
  • entertainv. 娱乐,招待,怀抱
  • candorn. 坦白;直率
  • prosecutionn. 实行,经营,起诉
  • deedn. 事迹,行为,[法]契约 vt. 立契转让 a
  • downgradevt. 使降低,使降级
  • utteradj. 全然的,绝对,完全 v. 发出,作声,发表