位置:首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 复仇 > 正文
美剧《复仇》第一季第19集 第8期:明白真相却无计可施
日期:2014-09-17 20:40

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Look, after I dropped out of M.I.T.
我从麻省理工辍学后
and my old man kicked me to the curb,
我老爸就把我踢出了家门
aunt Carole took me in.
卡罗尔阿姨收留了我
She was the one that introduced me to your dad.
是她把我介绍给了你爸爸
And then you betrayed him.
而你却背叛了他
No, she didn't.
不 她没有
She was always on his side.
她一直站在他那边
Nolan came to me
诺兰来找我
and told me he had formed a bond with David
告诉我 他与狱中的大卫
while he was in prison
建立了联系
and that he believed that your father had been set up.
他相信你父亲是被陷害的
So I started investigating Grayson Global
于是我开始从格雷森国际内部
from the inside out,
开始调查
and that led me to a man named Roger Halsted.
我从而认识了一个叫罗杰·霍尔斯特德的人
Grayson's senior accountant.
格雷森的高级会计
Yes, he's the one
是的 是他
that discovered the discrepancies in the books
发现了能把康拉德和恐怖分子联系起来的
that connected Conrad to the terrorists.
账目出入之处
Yeah, I know who he is.
我知道他是谁
He thought he had enough evidence to hang Conrad
他以为他手中的证据足以击垮康拉德
and exonerate your father.
还你父亲一个清白
Then why didn't you?
那你们怎么不提交证据呢
We never got the chance.
我们一直没找到机会
When I went to the prison to tell your dad
当我去监狱告诉你父亲
what Carole had learned,
卡罗尔的新发现时
they were already in lockdown.
监狱已经进入一级防范禁闭状态
David had just been killed.
大卫刚刚被杀害了

重点解释

Look, after I dropped out of M.I.T.我从麻省理工辍学后

drop out of退出; 退去; 退学

His parents want him to drop out of school.

他的父母想要他辍学。

He has decided to drop out of politics.

他已经决定退出政坛。

She was the one that introduced me to your dad.是她把我介绍给了你爸爸

introduce sb to将某人介绍给另一个人

Let me introduce you to my better half.

让我把您介绍给我妻子。

She was always on his side.她一直站在他那边

on one's side站在某人一方

She may not win this year, but she does have youth on her side.

也许今年她赢不了,但她有年轻的优势。

分享到
重点单词
  • exoneratevt. 确定无罪,免除责任
  • senioradj. 年长的,高级的,资深的,地位较高的 n. 年长
  • curbn. 抑制,勒马绳,边石,路缘 vt. 抑制,束缚,牵(
  • evidencen. 根据,证据 v. 证实,证明
  • bondn. 债券,结合,粘结剂,粘合剂 vt. 使结合,为 .
  • globaladj. 全球性的,全世界的,球状的,全局的
  • accountantn. 会计人员