位置:首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 复仇 > 正文
美剧《复仇》第一季 第205期:夏洛特是大卫的女儿
日期:2013-10-17 22:41

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

You've breached our disclosure contract, Victoria...
维多利亚 你违反了我们开诚布公的协议
And not for the first time.
而且不只一次了
How do you expect me to represent you
如果我都无法信任你
when I can't even trust you?
你让我怎么替你辩护
I told you, I had an affair.
我跟你说过 我有婚外情
But you didn't tell me it was with David Clarke
但你没告诉我对象是大卫·克拉克
or that Charlotte could possibly be his daughter.
或是夏洛特有可能是他的女儿
What are you doing?
你在干什么
Well, our late head of security
我们的前任安全主管
had a number of subcontractors he hired for various tasks.
针对不同工作 雇佣了各种员工
Looks like I'm gonna be needing one of them.
似乎我将需要其中之一了
For what?
为什么
Mason thinks that his tapes were destroyed in a fire,
梅森认为他的录像已毁于那场火灾
but I know damn well it was deliberately set
但我非常清楚 那是一场蓄意纵火
in order to cover the theft. By whom?
用来掩饰盗窃行为 是谁干的
Ashley.
阿什莉
Please invite Amanda Clarke up this afternoon for tea.
邀请阿曼达·克拉克今天下午过来喝茶
Do not take no for an answer.
务必要她过来

重点解释

Well, our late head of security had a number of subcontractors he hired for various tasks.我们的前任安全主管针对不同工作雇佣了各种员工

a number of 许多;若干(后接可数名词的复数形式)

A number of satellites are now circling the earth.

一些人造卫星现在正环绕地球飞行。

A number of possibilities come to mind.

我脑里出现了好几种可能性。

but I know damn well it was deliberately set in order to cover the theft.但我非常清楚那是一场蓄意纵火用来掩饰盗窃行为

in order to 为了

He lit a cigarette in order to calm his mind.

他点燃一支香烟,镇定一下情绪。

We learn a language in order to communicate.

我们学习语言是为了交流思想。

Do not take no for an answer.务必要她过来

take no for an answer 罢休

You're coming and I won't take no for an answer!

你一定要来,不来可不行!

How do you deal with persistent salesmen who won't take no for an answer?

你怎么对付那些不轻言放弃、一直纠缠下去的推销员?

分享到
重点单词
  • contractn. 合同,契约,婚约,合约 v. 订合同,缩短,缩小,
  • deliberatelyadv. 慎重地,故意地
  • persistentadj. 固执的,坚持的,连续的
  • masonn. 泥瓦匠 Mason: 共济会会员
  • communicatev. 交流,传达,沟通
  • securityn. 安全,防护措施,保证,抵押,债券,证券
  • disclosuren. 揭发,败露