《荒野求生》之跟着贝尔去冒险第209期:绝境求生的关键
日期:2016-08-03 21:24

(单词翻译:单击)

荒野求生

We're at the bottom.Here something is definitely warmer.Let's get go.

我们已经到山脚了 这里明显的比较暖和 继续前进

You can walk here for days and see no evidence of civilization.

你即便在这徒步几天也未必能碰到人烟

This area wasn't even mapped untill early 20th century.

直到20世纪初 此地才被绘图入册

In remote regions,it's often a good plan to follow streams and rivers.

在这种杳无人迹的地方 沿着小溪河流走是为上策

As they offer the quickest route to low ground.

它们指引了通往低地的捷径

But water always follows the path of least resistance.

然而水总是在阻力最小的地方流动

Tracking their path can be a real challenge.

追寻溪水的流向可谓挑战重重

Careful, steady, steady.There's a lot of water going down this.

小心 稳住了 稳住 这个瀑布的水流挺大的

And it's a long, long way down. Hang on.Probably about 70, 80 foot at least.

而且也挺深的 稍等 大概有个七八十英尺

It's also dangerously steep.

陡峭而危险

Descending the sheer rock face would just be suicide.

沿着如此陡的绝壁上往下爬无异于自杀

I could climb down the tree which is wedged into the falls,

我可以沿着瀑布中的那根孤木而下

but it won't get me all the way to the bottom.

但这无法让我到达瀑布底部

I need to make something to get me down the rest of the way.

之后的那段 我需要借助其他东西

Learning to improvise is a key in any survival situation.

学习就地取材是绝境求生的关键

I'm gonna use a cord from my paraglider.The forest will provide the rest.

我要利用伞包里的绳索 其他的就在森林中就地取材

And that's probably gonna be long enough.

这个应该够长了

All I'm doing is making like an improvised,makeshift rope ladder.

我不过就是因地制宜 就地取材 做一条绳梯

And we used to use these sort of things loads in the special forces

过去我们在特种部队就经常这么做

just lightweight, thin wire-rope ladders for getting up difficult, awkward places.

用又细又轻的钢丝做绳梯 来攀越各种难缠而棘手地方

词汇解析

1、definite

明确的;确定的

It's too soon to give a definite answer.

要给出一个明确的答复,现在还为时过早。

Her Royal Highness has definite views about most things.

女王陛下对大多数事情都有明确的观点。

(证据或信息)确凿的,确切的

We didn't have any definite proof.

我们没有任何确实的证据。

If you have any definite news of my husband, please let me know.

如果有我丈夫的确切消息,请一定告诉我。

清楚的;明显的;无疑的

There has already been a definite improvement.

已经有了显著的改进。

That's a very definite possibility.

那是很有可能的。


2、hang on

等一会儿;稍等

Can you hang on for a minute?

你能不能稍等一会儿?

Hang on a sec. I'll come with you.

稍等,我跟你一起去。

(面对困难或阻力)坚持不懈,不泄气

Without the support of my parents I would have probably cracked up completely. But I managed to hang on.

假如没有我父母的支持,我可能已经彻底垮掉了。但我还是坚持了下来。

Manchester United hung on to take the Cup.

曼联队坚持到了最后,夺得了足总杯的冠军。

紧握;牢牢抓住

She was conscious of a second man hanging on to the rail.

她意识到还有另一个男人紧抓着栏杆。

a flight stewardess who helped save the life of a pilot by hanging onto his legs.

紧紧抓住飞行员的双腿而救了他一命的空中女乘务员

分享到