《荒野求生》之跟着贝尔去冒险第41期:美国洞穴探险
日期:2016-02-15 22:49

(单词翻译:单击)

荒野求生

Not much of a meal,I need to head in deeper.

还不够吃 我要进到更深处

There's some sort of shaft.It's running straight down into the rock.

这里有一个轴状洞穴 一直往下延伸 到那块石头


You see that?Gonna see what's down there.That's water.

看见了吗 去看看下面是什么 下面有水

This could be an underground river with fresh water

一定是一条地下淡水河

and the possibility of finding edible cave fish.

还有可能找到一些可食用的洞穴鱼

Try and get down this.But to say it is narrow would be the understatement of the year.

下去试试看 如果说这有点窄的话 那这话说得就太含蓄了

I'm going in feet first, which will be safer if I fall.

先下脚 这样即便掉下去了也比较安全

The downside is I can't see where I'm going.

我都不知道我要去的这下面是哪里

Well, when you're going into narrow places like this,

好吧 当你也遇到像 这么窄的地方

it's so important not to...not to panic,because what happens is your chest cavity then expands,

重要的是不要慌张 主要是因为你的胸腔在扩张

and it actually becomes harder.

这样会使你比较难通过

You want to try and relax and slow your heart rate down and slow your breathing down.

要试试放轻松 降低你心跳的频率 也减慢你的呼吸

Almost to like that point before you go to asleep, where you're really relaxed.

就像你 即将要入睡的那一刻 那才是真的放松

And then everything contracts, and your blood vessels actually shrink.

然后组织收缩 事实上血管也会收缩

It's just trying to get into that state is not always very easy.

试着进入那种状态 虽然并不是 很容易

Many people have lost their lives in U.S. Caves.

很多人在美国洞穴探险中丢掉性命

They get trapped and die from hypothermia or drown in rising flood waters.

他们掉进了陷阱 死于体温的流逝 或者溺死于上涨的洪水

重点讲解

1、understatement

不充分如实的陈述;轻描淡写的说明

To say I'm disappointed is an understatement.

说我失望那是说得太轻了。

He was getting very hard to live with, and that's the understatement of the year.

说他很不好相处,那简直是说得太客气了。

轻描淡写;重事轻说;淡化

He informed us with massive understatement that he was feeling disappointed.

他极力轻描淡写地跟我们说他感到失望。

typical British understatement.

典型的英国式轻描淡写


2、contract

合同;契约

The company won a prestigious contract for work on Europe's tallest building.

这家公司赢得了一份极为重要的合同,参与建设欧洲最高的大厦。

He was given a seven-year contract with an annual salary of $150,000.

他签下了一份为期7年的合同,年薪为15万美元。

签合同,订立契约(做某事)

You can contract with us to deliver your cargo.

你可以跟我们签订送货合同。

The Boston Museum of Fine Arts has already contracted to lease part of its collection to a museum in Japan.

波士顿美术博物馆已经签订合同,将其部分藏品租借给日本一家博物馆。

(使)收缩;(使)缩小;(使)缩短

Blood is only expelled from the heart when it contracts.

血液在心脏收缩的时候从心脏流出。

New research shows that an excess of meat and salt can contract muscles.

新的研究表明,过量食用肉类和盐可能会导致肌肉收缩。

分享到
重点单词
  • disappointedadj. 失望的
  • understatementn. 少说,有保留地陈述,轻描淡写
  • contractn. 合同,契约,婚约,合约 v. 订合同,缩短,缩小,
  • excessn. 过量,超过,过剩 adj. 过量的,额外的
  • relaxedadj. 放松的, 松懈的,随意的 relax的过去式(
  • ediblen. 食品,食物 adj. 可食用的
  • massiveadj. 巨大的,大规模的,大量的,大范围的
  • cargon. 货物,船货
  • prestigiousadj. 享有声望的,声望很高的
  • typicaladj. 典型的,有代表性的,特有的,独特的