《荒野求生》之跟着贝尔去冒险第70期:丛林的夜幕降临
日期:2016-03-16 11:27

(单词翻译:单击)

荒野求生

And in Vietnam, the mosquitoes can be ferocious.

在越南 蚊子是相当凶猛的

and a story of one USA soldier driven so mad by them,

有个故事就是讲 一名美国士兵被它们逼疯了


he ended up sleeping in a paddy field underwater,

最后他跑到稻田的水里睡觉

just his head poking out,and on his head, he wore a gas mask.

只把头露在外面 他在头上还带了个氧气面罩

Now, this is gonna help keep them away.Most of Vietnam is a malaria zone.

这个有助于赶走它们 越南大部分地区都是疟疾高发地带

You should never underestimate the danger of malaria.

你可不要低估了疟疾的厉害

About a million people die of it worldwide every year.

每年全世界都有无数人死于疟疾

A smoky campfire will keep the worst of the mosquitoes off and possibly save your life.

烟熏火燎的营火可以赶走最凶猛的蚊子 说不定也救了你一命

There you go.Improvised chopsticks.Grilled scorpion.

开饭了 自制简易筷子 烤蝎子

I've eaten loads of scorpions before,but they've always been raw and disgusting,

我之前吃过很多的蝎子 但大多都是生的 很恶心

But when you cook them,they are actually quite nice.

但如果把它弄熟吃 味道还真不错

Oh man. These mosquitoes.Just relentless here.

见鬼 这些蚊子 真是没完没了的

They often talk about when it gets dark in the jungle,

当丛林的夜幕降临 它们开始喋喋不休

the whole place just comes alive.They talk about the night shift coming on.

万物复苏 它们说该值夜班了

And I know what they mean.Just sounds...like the whole place is alive which I guess it kind of is, really.

我懂它们的意思 听上去好像在说 这里一片生机勃勃 我猜真的就是这个意思

Just makes it hard to sleep, you know?

真令人难以入睡

重点讲解

1、end up

(通常指意外地)最终到达

The result was that the engine ended up at the bottom of the canal.

结果引擎最终沉到了运河底。

She fled with her children, moving from neighbour to neighbour and ending up in a friend's cellar.

她带着孩子逃亡,从一个邻居家跑到另一个邻居家,最后逃到了一个朋友的地下室。

最终;结果;到头来

If you don't know what you want, you might end up getting something you don't want.

如果你不知道自己想要什么,到头来你可能得非所愿。

Every time they went dancing they ended up in a bad mood.

每次他们去跳舞,都会不欢而散。


2、underestimate

低估;对…估计不足

None of us should ever underestimate the degree of difficulty women face in career advancement.

我们谁都不应该低估女性在事业发展过程中所面临的困难程度。

Never underestimate what you can learn from a group of like-minded people.

千万不要低估你从一群志趣相投的人那里所能学到的东西。

低估;轻视;小看

I think a lot of people still underestimate him.

我觉得很多人仍然低估了他。

The first lesson I learnt as a soldier was never to underestimate the enemy.

作为一名士兵,我学到的第一课就是决不要低估敌人。

分享到
重点单词
  • shiftn. 交换,变化,移动,接班者 v. 更替,移转,变声
  • canaln. 运河,沟渠,气管,食管 vt. 建运河,疏导
  • cellarn. 地窖,地下室 vt. 把 ... 藏入地窑(或酒窑
  • relentlessadj. 无情的,冷酷的,残酷的
  • improvisedadj. 临时准备的;即兴的 v. 即兴创作;临时做,临
  • maskn. 面具,面罩,伪装 v. 戴面具,掩饰,遮盖
  • scorpionn. 蝎子,心黑的人,蝎子鞭 Scorpion:天蝎座
  • underestimaten. 低估 v. 低估