(单词翻译:单击)
I wasn't expecting anyone.
我没想到有人会来
I thought you went back to Boston.
我以为你回波士顿了
I did. I flew back to talk to you.
是的 我飞回来跟你谈谈
Oh! Well, you could've called.
你可以打电话啊
My boss has this thing about how it's harder
我的上司认为当面拒绝
to say no in person.
比较困难
This is about the book.
是关于那本书
Drink?
来点吗
No, thank you.
不 谢了
They won't take back the advance.
他们不会收回预付款
Ah! So they are mad.
所以他们生气了
N-not mad.
不是生气
They just loved "Ostinato."
他们只是很喜欢《固定音型》
Well, it made them money.
让他们赚了不少
It made them feel things.
让他们有所共鸣
It's a really good book, Ezra
那本书真的很棒 以斯拉
And I am not just saying that to flatter you. It is.
我不是为了恭维你 真的很棒
I promise you they are not going to love the follow-up.
我保证他们不会喜欢续篇的
That's it? That's the book?'
就是这个吗 这就是那本书吗
It's as far as I got.
我写到这里
Can I look at it?
我能看看吗
Hey, first draft is a first draft.
只是初稿而已