(单词翻译:单击)
原文视听
I didn't send her to ask for any favors.
我没有让她帮我找关系
No, I know that.
我知道
I-I didn't swear her to secrecy about what's going on,
我没让她发誓说什么都不讲
but I never told her to ask for help.
但我从没让她来帮我
I don't want you or Ella to think that I would do that.
我不希望您跟埃拉认为我是这样的人
W-we know that you didn't.
我们知道你不是
And I'm sorry she put you in that position.
很抱歉她让你为难了
Oh, don't be angry at Aria. She wanted to help.
不要责怪艾瑞亚 她只是想帮忙
Oh, no, I-I'm not angry with her, I couldn't be.
不 我没生她的气 我不会的
There are just things about this situation
只是我没能够向她
that I haven't been able to explain to her.
解释这件事情
Well. Pride is a tricky thing.
自尊是很难对付
Why did you come here today?
您今天来有何贵干呢
I talked to the dean.
我和院长谈过了
I wanted to see if there was room
想问问公寓里有没有房间
in the department for you.
能够给你
And, uh, I'm afraid that there isn't.
但是 抱歉没有
But I still want to help you, if I can.
如果可以 我仍想帮助你
Because?
为什么
Could just be habit.
习惯而已
I have reached a point in my life
我的人生已经到达了一个阶段
where I spend a great deal of time
我愿意花时间
trying to make some kind of amends
去补偿
to someone for...something.
一些人...一些事
There's no shortage of bad judgment in this world.
世界上有不少错误的判断
重点解释
I didn't send her to ask for any favors.我没有让她帮我找关系
ask for请求; 要求
Could I ask for your reaction to this policy?
我能问一下您对这个政策的反应吗?
He's too spineless to ask for more money.
他没有勇气要求更多的钱。
I-I didn't swear her to secrecy about what's going on,我没让她发誓说什么都不讲
swear to断言
I believe that is true, but I can't swear to it.
我想那是真的然而我不能绝对肯定。
I'll swear to the truth of what he said.
我肯定地讲他说的都是事实。
Oh, don't be angry at Aria. She wanted to help.不要责怪艾瑞亚,她只是想帮忙
be angry at对某事生气
He is angry at being kept waiting.
他因久候而生气。
She was angry at being denied the opportunity to see me.
因不准她见我,她非常生气。
There are just things about this situation that I haven't been able to explain to her.只是我没能够向她 解释这件事情
be able to会; 能
They appear to be able to handle the problem. '
他们似乎可以处理这个问题。
You are better able to do it than I (am).
你比我更有能力做这件事。