(单词翻译:单击)
原文视听
Hey, what do you think?
你觉得如何
You have an eye for design. I absolutely love it.
你在设计方面一向很有眼光 我非常喜欢
Thank you.
谢谢你
Honestly,when mom said you were converting the barn to loft,
说实话 当妈妈说你把谷仓改成了阁楼
I couldn’t see it, but it’s beautiful.
我简直没法想象 不过这真的很漂亮
Job well done.
干得好
I’m glad you like it.
我很高兴你能喜欢
And I totally appreciate your letting us move in.
而且我非常感谢你让我们搬进来
What?
什么
Ren and I are staying in the barn
任跟我要重新装饰我们城里的房子
While we redo my place in the city.
这段期间 我们会呆在这谷仓里
I’m moving in for junior year, Melissa.
可我高三要搬过来住的 梅丽莎
That’s the deal that I made with mom and dad.
这是我早就跟爸妈说好的
I got the grades, I did the intership,
我好好学习 参加实习
I gave up my summer because I wanted this.
我放弃了暑假就是因为我想得到它
Well,you’ll just have to wait.
别激动 你只需要等等
Why can’t you stay in my room?
你们为什么不能住我的房间
We’re a couple,Spencer.
我们是夫妻 斯宾塞
We need our own space, and mom and dad agree.
我们需要自己的空间 爸妈也同意了
But they promised me.
但他们先答应我的
Is everything okay?
一切都好吗
I’m Ren.
我是任
I was hoping you’d be happy for me.
我希望你能为我感到高兴
Well, you know what they say about hope.
你知道人们是怎么看待希望的吧
Breeds eternal misery.
希望会带来无尽的痛苦
重点解释
have an eye for:
1.对...有鉴别能力
She has an eye for beauty.
她很有审美能力。
2.有眼力;有眼光
You have an eye for beauty.
你很有审美眼光。
convert to:
1.变化,变换,转换
He is a recent convert to christianity.
他最近改信基督教了。
give up:
give up+doing
1.让出
He gave up his seat to an old man.
他让座给一位老人。
2.放弃
The girl gave up halfway.
这女孩中途放弃。
3.戒绝
I wish I could give up drinking.
我真希望自己能戒酒。
breed:
及物动词 vt.
1.(动物)产(子),孵(卵)
2.使繁殖,饲养
They used to breed fish in the reservoir.
他们过去一直在水库养鱼。
3.养育;培育;教养[H][O2]
They were bred up as acrobats.
他们从小被作为杂技艺人培养。
4.引起,惹起;产生
Dirt breeds disease.
污秽惹起疾病。
5.【核】增殖,再生
不及物动词 vi.
1.(动物)生产;孕育
Rabbits breed quickly.
兔子繁殖快。
2.繁殖,育种
3.滋生,产生
名词 n. [C]
1.(尤指经人工培育的动植物)品种[(+of)][G]
We have the finest breed of sheep.
我们拥有最优品种的羊。
2.种类,类型
eternal:
形容词 a.
1.永久的,永恒的;无穷的
The eternal motion of the stars fascinated him.
星体永恒的运行使他着迷。
2.永存的,不朽的
3.【口】(闲谈等)无休止的
I couldn't stand their eternal quarrelling.
我不能忍受他们争吵不休。
misery:
名词 n.
1.痛苦;不幸;悲惨;穷困;苦难[U][C]
She felt most severely the miseries of mankind.
她极为强烈地感受到了人类的种种苦难。
I have told you all my misery.
我已经告诉了你我的一切痛苦。
2.【英】【口】讨厌的人,老发牢骚的人[C]