《美少女的谎言》第4季第7集 第15期:校园暴力事件
日期:2014-08-15 22:44

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Yes, of course.
是的 当然
I understand.
我明白
Mr. Hackett, may I have a word?
哈克特先生 我能说句话吗
Can't it wait? I'm rather in the middle of something.
不能等会儿吗 我正忙着
It's actually about this.
我要说的就跟这个有关
Please. It will only take a moment.
拜托 不会耽误您太久
Officer, may I call you back?
警官 我过会儿打给你
Yes. I will take care.
好的 我会小心
Thank you.
谢谢
We're very close to a solution here.
我们已经快有结论了
Unless you've got something compelling to add--
除非你还有什么强有力的证据要补充
Did anyone actually witness this happening?
有没有人确实目睹了事情的经过
Can anyone besides Connor say for certain that Mike was at fault?
除了康纳还有其他人确定是迈克的错吗
The school has a zero tolerance policy toward violence.
校方是绝对不能容忍暴力事件的
Attacking another person or their property... Allegedly.
袭击他人或破坏他人物品 嫌疑而已
I'm trying to see that
我只想确认
he doesn't get charges pressed against him.
他不会被指控
In exchange, there's gonna have to be some kind of punishment.
作为交换 他要接受惩罚
The other family won't compromise.
否则另一方家长不会妥协
I don't want the boy to suffer unduly.
我也不想这个男孩遭受太多
It's a good thing his medical history hasn't come up.
很庆幸他的病史没有被挖出来
I'd hate to see Mike labeled as mentally unstable
我不想看到迈克被打上精神病
and a vandal.
和破坏者的标签
Well, you don't think that's pertinent information to consider?
你不认为那应该作为相关信息考虑在内吗
Maybe... if you hadn't asked his sister.
也许吧 如果你没跟他姐姐谈的话
I can only imagine the can of worms that-- that would open up
我只能想象如果他们的家长知道真相
if the parent found out.
这事将怎么收场

重点解释

Please. It will only take a moment.拜托,不会耽误您太久

take a moment花一些时间

Please, Doctor, it'll only take a moment.

拜托您,大夫,只要你花几分钟时间。

It may take a moment for your queue to appear.

队列的显示可能要花费一段时间。

Can anyone besides Connor say for certain that Mike was at fault?除了康纳还有其他人确定是迈克的错吗

at fault出毛病; 有责任

At this point your logic is at fault.

在这一点上你的推理是错误的。

It's management that's at fault rather than the work-force.

错在资方而不在劳方。

It's a good thing his medical history hasn't come up.很庆幸他的病史没有被挖出来

come up提及,被讨论;长出

The question is bound to come up at the meeting.

会上必然要讨论这个问题。

When will the matter come up for discussion?

这件事什么时候提出来讨论?

分享到
重点单词
  • compellingadj. 强制的,引人注目的,令人信服的
  • witnessn. 目击者,证人 vt. 目击,见证,出席,观察,经历
  • solutionn. 解答,解决办法,溶解,溶液
  • compromisen. 妥协,折衷,折衷案 vt. 妥协处理,危害 vi.
  • violencen. 暴力,猛烈,强暴,暴行
  • logicn. 逻辑,逻辑学,条理性,推理
  • propertyn. 财产,所有物,性质,地产,道具
  • tolerancen. 忍耐力,宽容,容忍,公差
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为
  • exchangen. 交换,兑换,交易所 v. 交换,兑换,交易