(单词翻译:单击)
原文视听
Ella:In this weather, that's dedication.
在这样的天气里开车 真是精神可嘉
Fize:No wonder Aria talks so highly about you.
难怪艾瑞亚对你评价这么高
Well, I am grateful tohave her in my class.
她能在我的班上我很荣幸
She's, uh,she's very engaged.
她学习很认真
Ella:Good. Can I ask you a question?
很好 我能问你一个问题吗
Fize:S-s-sure.
当然
Ella:Have you noticed any changes in Aria in the past few weeks?
你有没注意到最近艾瑞亚有什么变化吗
Fize:Um...
呃
Ella:I only ask because, um, my husband and I,
我这么问 是因为 我和我丈夫
we separated, and I was wondering if and how
我们分居了 我很担心
that's affecting Aria at school.
这会不会影响到艾瑞亚在学校的表现
Fize:It's not really a question you can directly ask your kid.
这不是问题 您可以直接问您的孩子
Of course not. I'm sorry...
当然不会 我很抱歉
about you and your husband.
关于您和您的丈夫
As far asAria goes, I haven't noticed anything,
至于艾瑞亚 我没觉察出她有什么
Um... alarming.
有什么不对劲
Ella:Good. She's very strong.
那就好 她很坚强
Fize:Yeah. Yeah.
是啊 是啊
Ella:But she puts up a good front,
但她伪装得很好
and, um, when she's hurt
当她受伤了
and she wants to shut you out,
她会把自己封闭起来
you could die of frostbite.
让周围的人都觉得心寒
重点解释
妙语佳句:
no wonder:难怪, 怪不得
eg.It is no wonder (that) he'll sign the contract tomorrow.
他明天签约是不足为怪的。
be grateful to:感激(对 ... 感谢)
eg.I shall be grateful to you all my life.
我将一辈子感激你。
as far as:就 ... 而言
eg.As far as I know, he is kind.
就我所知,他人不错。
shut out:关在外面, 排斥
eg.He was enraged that he was shut out.
他对被拒于门外一事极为愤怒。
She puts up a good front.但她伪装得很好。
She's very engaged.她学习很认真。
人物介绍:
以斯拉·费兹 (Mr.Fitz),伊安·哈丁(Ian Harding)饰
一位英语老师,他对自己的学生艾瑞亚有超出师生关系的感情。
玫瑰镇高中新来的英语老师是每个女孩的梦中情人。他帅气、年轻而且完全不拘束。以斯拉知道与学生有感情纠葛的后果但是他心里却蠢蠢欲动。问题是以斯拉有能力抑制自己的欲望吗?外表上他仍是那位非常受欢迎的老师——但是内心里有一种无法熄灭的热情可能成为他的梦魇。
考考你:
她会把自己封闭起来让周围的人都觉得心寒。
难怪艾瑞亚对你评价这么高。
她能在我的班上我很荣幸。
上期答案:http://www.kekenet.com/video/201207/189265.shtml
I guess the generator just kicked in.
Why are these lights working?
Do you think they have anything to eat in here?