《美少女的谎言》第3季第169期:放手找回父亲
日期:2013-05-18 20:46

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Can I ask you something?
能问你件事吗
Have you ever...
你有没有...
thought about what your life would be like
想过如果六七岁时
if your dad had been around
你爸爸陪在你身边
when you were, like, six or seven?
你的人生会是什么样子
Dumb question. I shouldn't have asked that.
蠢问题 当我没问
No. No, it wasn't dumb.
不 不蠢
Yeah. When I was young, I... I looked for him everywhere.
小时候 我满世界找他
In the streets, in stores.
大街上 商店里
I even looked for him in my sleep.
甚至梦中
But when I was about 13, I just stopped.
但在我13岁的时候 我突然放手了
Why?
为什么
I guess I was just tired of...
我猜我只是厌倦了
using all that energy, ya know.
精疲力竭的感觉
I just needed to focus on me.
我应该更关注我自己
And I'm totally fine with the way things turned out.
而后来事情的发展我也全盘接受了
Really. But...
真的 不过
I'd be lying if I said there weren't days
如果我说我从未渴望过
that I wish I could replace the guy I made up in my head
我幻想中的那个人是活生生存在的
with a real person.
那我一定是在撒谎

重点解释

I looked for him everywhere.我满世界找他

look for:寻找

You can look for the book in the library catalog.

你可以在图书馆的图书目录上查找这本书。

I guess I was just tired of...using all that energy, ya know.我猜我只是厌倦了精疲力竭的感觉

be tired of:厌倦, 不耐烦

He was tired of running errands for his sister.

他已厌烦给姐姐当跑腿了。

I just needed to focus on me.我应该更关注我自己

focus on:集中在

The noise made it hard for me to focus on work.

噪音让我无法集中注意力工作。

And I'm totally fine with the way things turned out.而后来事情的发展我也全盘接受了

turn out:结果是;出现

They could not have foreseen how things would turn out.

他们不可能预知事情的结果。

I'm sure it will turn out a futile attempt.

我肯定这会是白费功夫。

分享到
重点单词
  • catalogn. 目录,大学概况手册,商品型录 vt. 做目录,分类
  • replacevt. 取代,更换,将物品放回原处
  • futileadj. 无效的,无用的