《美少女的谎言》第3季第229期:麦琪不想以斯拉看孩子
日期:2013-07-18 21:20

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

What if we talked to the teacher who coaches the decathlon team?
我们找十项全能队的指导老师谈谈如何
You had her for social studies, what's her name?
你社会学是她教的 她叫什么来着
Hannah? Hannah?
汉娜 汉娜
Why are you mapquesting Amish country?
你为什么在地图上搜索阿米什谷
I'm looking for a stable.
我在找一个马厩
Our best friend is at home chewing her elbows
我们最好的朋友已经崩溃了
and you're horse shopping?
而你还在逛马市
No, I'm trying to find out where Caleb's uncle Jamie works.
不是 我是在找凯勒的舅舅杰米工作的地方
Hannah, please let that go.
汉娜 别再纠结了
People look like their uncles.
有人就是长得像舅舅
It doesn't mean it's his dad.
并不意味着舅舅就是爸爸
Look, there were other things, okay? So?
还有其他的原因 好吗 所以呢
Look, even if it is the truth,
即使事实如此
why would you want to know before Caleb?
你为什么想在凯勒之前知道
Hello, learn from my mistakes.
拜托 吸取我的教训
This is different.
这根本不是一回事
Maggie didn't want Ezra to meet his kid.
麦琪不想让以斯拉见到他的孩子
Jamie wants to tell him. He just doesn't know how.
但杰米想告诉凯勒 他只是不知道如何开口
And you know this because...?
你是怎么知道的
I saw it in his eyes when he handed me that baby picture.
可以从他给我照片时的眼神中看出来
Are you going to come with me?
你跟我一起去吗
No. You're not going to go there either.
不 你也不要去
Horowitz! What?
霍罗威茨 什么
The coach. That's her name.
那个导师的名字
I'll just have my mom talk to her.
我会叫我妈妈去和她谈谈
Is that your mom?
你妈妈打来的吗
No, it's Ezra's.
不是 是以斯拉的妈妈
Oh, my god, why is she calling me?
天呐 她为什么要给我打电话
We're not friends.
我们又不是什么亲密朋友

重点解释

I'm looking for a stable.我在找一个马厩

look for:寻找;寻求

You can look for the book in the library catalog.

你可以在图书馆的图书目录上查找这本书。

He began to look for another position immediately.

他马上开始寻找另一个职位。

No, I'm trying to find out where Caleb's uncle Jamie works.不是,我是在找凯勒的舅舅杰米工作的地方

find out:发现;找出来;揭发

We shall find out the truth early or late.

我们迟早会查明事实真相。

You can find out many advantages in urban life.

你会发现都市生活中有许多便利之处。

Hello, learn from my mistakes.拜托,吸取我的教训

learn from:向 ... 学习

His suggestion is that we shall learn from her.

他的建议是我们应当向她学习。

We should learn from his mistakes.

我们应该从他的错误中接受教训。

词义辨析:

learn by, learn from这两个短语的共同意思是“学习”。其区别是:

learn by指“通过…学习”,强调“方式”;而learn from指“从…中学习”,强调“来源”。试体会:

You can learn by doing.

你可以从实践中学。

We should learn from failures and setbacks.

我们应该从失败和挫折中吸取教训。

另外, learn from可用于表示“向某人学习”;而learn by无此意义。

分享到
重点单词
  • stableadj. 稳定的,安定的,可靠的 n. 马厩,马棚,一批
  • urbanadj. 城市的,都市的
  • catalogn. 目录,大学概况手册,商品型录 vt. 做目录,分类
  • coachn. 大巴,教练;(火车)客车车厢,四轮马车,经济舱 v
  • socialadj. 社会的,社交的 n. 社交聚会