影视精讲《美少女的谎言》第37期:大闹一场
日期:2012-05-03 08:46

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Don't tell me that's how you want to celebrate--
别告诉我这就是你犒劳自己的方式
With a pear? Put that away!
吃梨 不是吧
You deserve a three-course meal tonight.
你应该得到的是三道主菜的大餐
Think I'll pass. Pass?
我不去了 干吗不去
Honey, you're the guest of honor.
宝贝 你才是主要的客人
You won a national award
你获了国家奖
and helped me sign Newhoff,
还帮我和纽霍夫顺利签约
which almost didn't happen.
都是百年难得一见的好事啊
Why, didn't I hit the net enough?
难道我触网的球还不够多吗
No, you were perfect,
不 你表现得很好
But things almost fell apart
但你们在换衣间的时候
while you guys were in the locker room.
事情差点就黄了
What happened?
发生什么了
Oh, well, he expected lunch at the club.
他想在俱乐部用餐
Of course, I didn't make a reservation,
当然 我没有预约
So there were no tables.
自然也就没有桌位
We sat at your favorite table.
但我们是坐在你喜欢的那桌吃饭的
After I made a scene.
那是在我发脾气之后
I had to tell the manager that
我不得不告诉经理
The kid on the courts forgot to call it in.
那个球童忘了打电话预约
Who, Alex?
谁 阿历克斯吗
Wait, will he be in trouble over this?
等一下 他会因此惹上麻烦吗
Who cares?
谁在乎啊
Kid can pick up balls anywhere, right?
他能去另一个地方捡球 不是吗
We snagged a major client, Spence.
我们得到了一个大客户 斯宾塞
Why are you looking at me like that?
别这样看着我Just did what I had to do.
我只是做了我该做的
To win?
为了赢吗
Don't give me that attitude.
别用这种态度对我
Spencer, you're just as driven and competitive as I am.
斯宾塞 你和我一样争强好胜
Don't pretend you're not.
别假装你不是
You know what? You're right. I am.
你知道吗 你说对了 我就是这样的人
I'm just not sure it's a thing that I want to celebrate anymore.
我只是不确定这是否是一件值得庆祝的事
And by the way, you don't have to read my essay.
顺便说一下 你不必读我的论文了
Why not?
为什么
Because I stole it.
因为那论文是我抄的
But I'm gonna win a big, fat award,
但我赢得了一个大奖
So I'm guessing you're okay with that.
所以我想你不会怪我
You know, 'cause winning's all that matters, right?
能赢才是最重要的 不是吗

常用词汇

原文:But things almost fell apart while you guys were in the locker room.但你们在换衣间的时候事情差点就黄了
fell apart:
1.变为碎块
You look like you're gonna fall apart.
你看起来好像要崩溃了。
2.【口】结果失败
3.关系结束
It seems more secure, but can easily fall apart.
它似乎更安全,但是可以很容易崩溃。


原文:Of course, I didn't make a reservation,当然 我没有预约
make a reservation:预约
Can I make a reservation for golf?
我可以预约打高尔夫球吗?


原文:After I made a scene.那是在我发脾气之后
make a scene:大闹一场
Why did you make a scene in the restaurant?
你为什么在餐馆里大吵大闹?

分享到
重点单词
  • secureadj. 安全的,牢靠的,稳妥的 vt. 固定,获得,使
  • reservationn. 预定,保留意见
  • pretendv. 假装,装作 adj. 假装的
  • deservevi. 应该得到 vt. 应受,值得
  • competitiveadj. 竞争的,比赛的
  • fell动词fall的过去式 n. 兽皮 vt. 砍伐,击倒 a
  • scenen. 场,景,情景
  • celebratev. 庆祝,庆贺,颂扬