(单词翻译:单击)
原文视听
I promise today is the last time
我保证他们以后再也不用
that they'll have to shut the water off in the loft.
把阁楼上的水龙头关掉了
I already told you, I don't really have a problem with it.
我告诉过你 我不介意的
You sure you can't come over later and...
你确定你一会儿不能来
check out the new tub?
看看新浴缸吗
I hate that I can't see you tonight.
今晚不能见你真是太讨厌了
But they're honoring my dad at this dinner,
但他们要在今天晚宴时表彰我爸爸
so of course I have to be there.
所以我必须出席
I understand.
我理解
We will celebrate tomorrow. Toby.
我们明天再庆祝吧 托比
You know that I could fix this, right?
你知道我可以缝好这个的
Three years ago I made an exact replica
三年前我仿做了一与件玛丽皇后
of Mary Queen of scots' execution dress
被执行死刑时穿着的裙子一模一样的服装
for my Halloween costume,
来作为我的万圣节服装
and I didn't have a pattern.
而且我当时连样品都没有
Is there anything that you can't do?
还有什么事是你做不到的
Yes. Get out of this stupid dinner
有 我不能不去那场
that's keeping me from you on our anniversary.
阻止你我庆祝周年纪念日的愚蠢晚宴
Uh...I was just about to go in the other room and get dressed.
我刚准备去别的房间穿衣服
I thought I'd help you decide on what to wear to the dinner
我是来帮你想想今天晚宴穿什么衣服
that you're so obviously agog about.
你一定翘首以盼吧
Are you sure that dad'll be upset if I don't go?
你确定如果我不去的话爸爸会不高兴吗
Well, he has to sit through it,
他必须在那儿待到结束
So he wants his family to sit through it, too.
所以他希望自己的家人也一起到场
Misery loves company.
拉些垫底的
I'll-- I'll find my way out.
我...我自己出去就好
重点解释
I promise today is the last time that they'll have to shut the water off in the loft.我保证他们以后再也不用把阁楼上的水龙头关掉了
shut off:关掉
They shut off the gas before going on holiday.
他们出发度假之前关闭了煤气。
The electric current has been shut off.
电流已被切断。
You sure you can't come over later and...check out the new tub?你确定你一会儿不能来看看新浴缸吗
check out:检验
How does his story check out with the facts?
他的说法经核实过后真实程度有多大?
that's keeping me from you on our anniversary.阻止你我庆祝周年纪念日的愚蠢晚宴
keep from:阻止, 妨碍
Hearing the words, he couldn't keep from laughing.
听了这话,他不由得笑了起来。
Well, he has to sit through it,他必须在那儿待到结束
sit through:一直坐到 ... 结束
We had to sit through several tedious speeches.
我们只得坐在那里听著几个乏味的讲演。