《美少女的谎言》第3季第311期:无名尸体
日期:2013-10-08 17:54

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Mom? What's going on?
妈妈 怎么了
Why were you carrying that missing person's file?
你为什么有那起失踪人口的档案
I promised I wouldn't keep anything from you.
我保证过不隐瞒你任何事
But I have to make sure that you keep this from your friends.
但我得确保你不会告诉你的朋友们
Can I have your phone, please?
可以给我你的手机吗
What?
什么事
This is very sensitive information,
这是非常敏感的信息
If it got out before the police...
如果消息在警局公布之前就走漏了...
Mom. Please, what is it?
妈妈 快告诉我怎么了
They found another body early this evening.
他们今晚找到了另一具尸体
A young man.
一个年轻男人
Late teens, early 20s.
20岁左右
No identification.
身份尚未确认
What are you saying?
你想说什么
It could be Toby?
可能是托比吗
I don't know.
我不知道
How can they not know?
他们怎么会不知道呢
There was significant trauma to the body, Emily.
尸体遭受了巨大创伤 艾米丽
It's gonna take some time before they're certain.
他们需要一些时间才能确定
We'll know more tomorrow morning.
我们明早会有更多消息

重点解释

But I have to make sure that you keep this from your friends.但我得确保你不会告诉你的朋友们

make sure弄明白; 设法确保

I'm going to make sure if I'm going to Macao.

我要拿定主意我是否去澳门。

Make sure his appointment doesn't clash with mine.

一定不要让他的约会跟我的约会订在同一个时间。
keep from阻止, 妨碍

I hope you will keep from doing nothing rash.

我希望你不要做出任何鲁莽的事情来。

She bit her lip to keep from crying.

她咬着嘴唇克制着自己不要哭。

I promised I wouldn't keep anything from you.我保证过不隐瞒你任何事

promise, allow这两个词都可译为“答应”,其区别是:

allow含义是“允许”,而promise含义是“应承”。例如:

He has allowed me to come.

他允许我来。

He promised me to come.

他答应我他会来。

If it got out before the police...如果消息在警局公布之前就走漏了...

get out泄漏

I wouldn't want it to get out on him.

我不想他把这一秘密泄露出去。

分享到
重点单词
  • identificationn. 身份的证明,视为同一,证明同一,确认
  • sensitiveadj. 敏感的,灵敏的,易受伤害的,感光的,善解人意的
  • rashadj. 鲁莽的 n. 疹子,大量
  • certainadj. 确定的,必然的,特定的 pron. 某几个,某
  • clashn. 冲突,撞击声,抵触 vt. 冲突,抵触,使 ...
  • trauman. 精神创伤,外伤