(单词翻译:单击)
原文视听
Your friend Mona deserves to be drawn and quartered.
你朋友梦娜活该被关起来
And given what she's done, I understand you want to punish her.
她做了那些事 我理解你希望她得到惩罚
That's not why I came here.
我不是因为这个来的
I just lost it.
我只是失控了
I've done worse.
我不比你强
I once threw a bowl of soup
有次我去探望我父亲
across the room when visiting my dad.
我气得把一碗汤摔在了房间里
In a place much like this. Worse.
也是这样一个地方 但条件差多了
Your dad was in the nut house? For years.
你爸也呆过精神病院吗 呆了几年
He checked out of my life when I was ten,
他在我十岁离开了我
Traded our family room for the chaos inside his head.
他发病时 毁了我们家房子
He made your friend down the hall seem downright chatty.
跟他比起来 你那个朋友要好多了
She won't even apologize.
她都不跟我道歉
Then you have to accept that, Hanna.
那汉娜你要学会去接受
You've lost someone whom you trusted.
你失去了一个曾经信任的人
And then you might be grieving for the Mona
然后你可能会与过去一样
you didn't know as much as for the one you did.
同情这个陌生的梦娜
I'm getting really tired of losing people.
我不想再失去任何人了
And this is particularly
那么这就会更难
hard because Mona's right in front of you.
因为梦娜还在你面前
In clinical terms, we call it "Ambiguous loss."
这在临床术语中称作"模糊性失去感"
What?
什么东西
There's been a death, but it doesn't involve a body.
一种死亡形态 但人其实还活着
Like when a soldier goes missing,
就像一名失踪的士兵
Or a relative slips into dementia.
或者不知不觉中变成痴呆的亲人
They're gone, but yet, still here.
他们离开了你 但人还在
重点解释
妙语佳句:
He checked out of my life when I was ten,他在我十岁离开了我。
check out:死
Mr Cass checked out before they reached the hospital.
他们到医院之前卡斯先生就死了。
I'm getting really tired of losing people.我不想再失去任何人了。
get tired of :厌烦, 厌倦
You never get tired of hearing this story.
这个故事百听不厌。
I get tired of hearing my teacher's whiny voice.
我对老师嘀咕不停的声音感到厌烦。
And then you might be grieving for the Mona you didn't know as much as for the one you did.然后你可能会与过去一样同情这个陌生的梦娜
grieve for:哀悼
I grieve for the loss of my beloved husband.
我为亲人遭遇不幸而悲痛,
Do animals grieve for their dead?
动物会为它们的死亡而感到悲伤吗?
考考你:
然后你可能会与过去一样同情这个陌生的梦娜。
他在我十岁离开了我。
上期答案:
Then why am I dropping you off three blocks from your house?
You think he has something to do with this?