(单词翻译:单击)
Liz Truss apologized for her mistakes, but vowed to remain Prime Minister for the national interest.
近日,利兹·特拉斯为自己所犯的错误道歉,但承诺会为了国家利益继续担任英国首相 。
It comes after the new chancellor Jeremy Hunt reversed most of her economic plan.
此前,新任财政大臣杰里米·亨特推翻了她的大部分经济计划 。
It leaves Truss in office, but without the power to proceed with her tax-cutting agenda.
结果是,虽然特拉斯得以留任,但却没有权力继续推进她的减税议程 。
"Now I recognise we have made mistakes, I am sorry for those mistakes, but I fixed the mistakes.
“我现在意识到我们犯了错,我为这些错误感到抱歉,但我已经纠正了这些错误 。
I have appointed a new chancellor, we have restored economic stability and fiscal discipline.
我也任命了新的财政大臣,我们恢复了经济稳定以及财政纪律 。
What I now want to do is go on and deliver for the public.
我现在想要做的是继续为国民服务 。
We were elected on the 2019 manifesto, I'm determined to deliver that.
我们当时是由于2019年的宣言而竞选胜出的,所以我下定决心要遵守该承诺 。
My message is we should be focusing on delivering for the British public.
我想说的是,我们应该专注于为英国公众提供服务 。
We are in difficult economic times; we are in difficult international times with the war being perpetrated in Ukraine.
我们正处于经济困难时期;我们正处于乌克兰战争的艰难国际时期 。
People were facing energy bills of up to 6,000 pounds.
人们面临着高达6000英镑的能源账单 。
We have now put in place the energy price guarantee. We have reversed the National Insurance increase, and that's what I'm thinking about as prime minister."
现在,我们已经建立了能源价格保障制度 。我们已经扭转了国民保险的增长,这是我作为首相所考虑的 。”