热点话题听力(MP3+中英字幕) 第25期:被欺凌是什么感觉
日期:2016-04-21 16:55

(单词翻译:单击)

I was 12 years old.I was 13 years old.I was 12 years old.
那时我12岁。那时我13岁。那时我12岁。
I was 13 years old when I was bullied.
我是13岁的时候被欺凌。
When I was bullied there were confrontations in hallways.
我在学校走廊被人欺负过。
It was pretty much directly face to face, verbal, contact.
基本是当面羞辱我或者是揍我。
I was being called a name from my so called friends.
我被那些所谓的朋友们取过外号。
Some person that I don't know slammed my head into the locker and called me a chink. And they just walked away.
一些我不认识的人,猛地把我的头按进柜子里,叫我“支那人”。然后若无其事的离开。
I was dealing with a lot of, you know, acne problems.
我的脸上曾经长过很多青春痘。
This guy, he would just call me pizza face in front of people.
那家伙当着所有人的面叫我“披萨脸”。
I was just walking through the cafeteria and someone called me a faggot.
有一次我路过自助餐厅,听到有人叫我“娘娘腔”。
It was kind of like my whole body had chills and I didn't know what to do.
那一瞬间我感觉全身发冷而又不知所措。
They all giggled and laughed.
他们朝我哈哈大笑。
And it actually was a word in Cantonese and I don't speak Cantonese.
那个词应该是粤语,但是我听不懂粤语。
I think now I would say like, ‘feimei’.
我可以模仿一下,就像“肥妹”。
What they were calling me was little fat girl.
也就是小胖妹的意思。
This kid turned around to me with a Sharpie marker and for all the classmates to hear and he said, "Hey Zach, bend over, I wanna play connect the dots "with your face."
那个小孩转向我,手里拿着记号笔。用全班人都能听到的声音说道,“扎克,靠过来,我要在你脸上玩连点成线。”
I was so embarrassed when it happened.
那个时候我感觉很难堪。
Bullies made me feel so bad about my ethnicity. Like, I really did internalize that.
甚至坚信自己的亚洲人的身份是个耻辱。
It made me feel like I wasn't as good as anybody else.
这让我觉得自己低人一等。
I didn't really know what is friendship if the people you think you're close to are laughing at you.
我不懂所谓的友谊,你当朋友看待的人会对你冷嘲热讽。
It was something that was really heartbreaking for my mom to see.
目睹我被欺凌,真的让我母亲很心疼。
I remember she just always looked so sad for me because I was just being myself.
看到我孤零零一个人,她总会露出悲伤地表情。
And me being myself meant that I was being bullied.
因为孤身一人意味着我遭受了欺凌。
You just have this fear, in middle school, in high school, that you're going to be called that for the rest of your life.
在中学阶段,我总是有种恐惧感,害怕自己会这样受尽欺凌的度过一生。
Now it's a word that I look back on and I use it to see how far I've come.
现在一切都已经过去,我用过去发生的一切来审视自己。
You know, I realized that that's not who I am.
我意识到我并不是他们说的那个样子。
I haven't been that since I was you know, 13,14 years old.
我已经不再是那个13,14岁时候的我了。
No matter what people think, I can accomplish anything that I want.
不管别人怎么想,我能做到我想做的一切。
I was doing great things. I had great friends, a great family.
现在我做了很多有意义的事。我拥有了很好的朋友,幸福的家庭。
I love my life and I am more than just a little fat girl.
我爱我的生活,而且我不再是当年的那个小胖妞了。

欺凌.jpg


That word does not define me. It never did define me. I'm so much more as a person.
那些话并不能定义我。永远不能。我已经成为了一个更优秀的人。
I could be whoever I wanted to be and I was extremely proud of being Asian.
我可以成为任何我想成为的人,我也深深地以一个亚洲人的身份而自豪。
I am great. I am happy. I am anything that I want to be.
我很棒。我很快乐。我可以做我想做的任何事。
There's gonna be a time where you realize that the thing that people target you for is actually your greatest asset.
总有一天你会明白,那些无法打败你的,终会使你更强大。
I recommend building a support system and help each other learn that you are more than those words.
我建议成立一个互助组织,帮助对方意识到,你并不是别人口中的那个你。
You be yourself, you grow up to be who you want to be, you're gonna be a great person, no matter what.
做好你自己,你就能成为你想成为的人,无论如何你都能成为一个不错的人。
You are so much more than any of the words that anyone could say to you.
你比别人口中的你更优秀。

分享到
重点单词
  • accomplishvt. 完成
  • bendv. 弯曲,使弯曲,屈服,屈从 n. 弯曲,弯曲物
  • dealingn. 经营方法,行为态度 (复数)dealings:商务
  • embarrassedadj. 尴尬的,局促不安的,拮据的
  • havenn. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,
  • recommendvt. 建议,推荐,劝告 vt. 使成为可取,使受欢迎
  • extremelyadv. 极其,非常
  • verbaladj. 动词的,口头的,用言辞的,用文字的 n. 动名
  • definev. 定义,解释,限定,规定