热点话题听力(MP3+中英字幕) 第20期:为什么打哈欠会传染(1)
日期:2015-12-30 17:55

(单词翻译:单击)

Oh, excuse me!

不好意思!

Have you ever yawned because somebody else yawned?

你是否曾因别人打哈欠而打哈欠?

You aren't especially tired, yet suddenly your mouth opens wide and a big yawn comes out.

你并不是十分疲惫,可突然间你的嘴巴就会大张,接着一个大哈欠便产生了。

This phenomenon is known as contagious yawning.

这种现象被称为传染性哈欠。

And while scientists still don't fully understand why it happens, there are many hypotheses currently being researched.

尽管科学家们还没有完全了解它产生的原因,但人们目前却正在对许多假说进行研究。

Let's take a look at a few of the most prevalent ones, beginning with two physiological hypotheses before moving to a psychological one.

下面让我们来看下其中几个最为流行的说法,我们先从两种生理学的假说入手,接着,我们会再来了解一种心理学的假说。

Our first physiological hypothesis states that contagious yawning is triggered by a specific stimulus, an initial yawn.

第一种生理学假说认为传染性哈欠是由一种特殊的刺激因素所导致,那就是最初的哈欠。

This is called fixed action pattern.

这被称作固定行为模式。

Think of fixed action pattern like a reflex.

这就好比条件反射。

Your yawn makes me yawn.

你的哈欠引起我的哈欠。

Similar to a domino effect, one person's yawn triggers a yawn in a person nearby that has observed the act.

这与多米诺效应很相似,一个人的哈欠会引发附近其他看到该行为的个体也打哈欠。

Once this reflex is triggered, it must run its course.

当这种条件反射被激发,它就必须顺其发展。

Have you ever tried to stop a yawn once it has begun?

你曾试图阻止过自己打哈欠吗?

Basically impossible!

那基本是不可能的!

tawn.png

Another physiological hypothesis is known as non-conscious mimicry, or the chameleon effect.

另一种生理学假说被称为非意识性模仿或变色龙效应。

This occurs when you imitate someone's behavior without knowing it, a subtle and unintentional copycat maneuver.

它发生在人们对他人行为进行无意识模仿时,这种行为通常是细微且无意识的模仿动作。

People tend to mimic each other's postures.

人们常常模仿他人的姿势。

If you are seated across from someone that has their legs crossed, you might cross your own legs.

如果你坐在某人对面,而那个人正翘着二郎腿,你可能也会跷起腿来。

This hypothesis suggests that we yawn when we see someone else yawn because we are unconsciously copying his or her behavior.

这种假说表明当看到别人打哈欠时我们也会打哈欠,因为我们会无意识的模仿他人的行为。

Scientists believe that this chameleon effect is possible because of a special set of neurons known as mirror neurons.

科学家们相信这种变色龙效应的可能性是源自一组特殊的神经元它叫作镜像神经元。

Mirror neurons are a type of brain cell that responds equally when we perform an action as when we see someone else perform the same action.

镜像神经元是一种大脑细胞,它促使人们相应地做出自己所看到的他人发出的。相同动作。

These neurons are important for learning and self-awareness.

这些神经元十分重要,特别是对学习和自我意识。

For example, watching someone do something physical, like knitting or putting on lipstick, can help you do those same actions more accurately.

例如,当看到他人的某些动作时如编织,或是涂口红,它会帮助我们更加准确地做出相同的动作。

Neuroimaging studies using fMRI, functional magnetic resonance imaging, show us that when we seem someone yawn or even hear their yawn, a specific area of the brain housing these mirror neurons tends to light up, which, in turn, causes us to respond with the same action: a yawn!

神经影像研究利用功能性磁共振成像发现当我们看到别人打哈欠或甚至听到别人打哈欠时,大脑中容纳镜像神经元的特殊区域会产生反应,从而导致人们会做出相同的反应:打哈欠。

Our psychological hypothesis also involves the work of these mirror neurons.

从心理学假说来看,它也涉及到镜像神经元所产生的影响。

We will call it the empathy yawn.

我们称之为共感哈欠。

分享到
重点单词
  • functionaladj. 功能的,有功能的,实用的
  • impossibleadj. 不可能的,做不到的 adj. 无法忍受的
  • mimicryn. 模仿,(动物等)拟态伪装
  • hypothesisn. 假设,猜测,前提
  • magneticadj. 有磁性的,有吸引力的,催眠术的
  • imitatevt. 仿制,仿造,模仿,仿效
  • performv. 执行,运转,举行,表演
  • celln. 细胞,电池,小组,小房间,单人牢房,(蜂房的)巢室
  • specificadj. 特殊的,明确的,具有特效的 n. 特效药,特性
  • respondv. 回答,答复,反应,反响,响应 n. [建]壁