(单词翻译:单击)
As you know, the Supreme Court’s decision on Friday in favor of same sex marriage is just controversial.
众所周知,最高法院周五裁定的同性婚姻合法化决议饱受争议。
Some people just don't like it, they don't believe in it, and they don't think it's right.
有些人不喜欢,不赞同,认为这是错误的。
One of the most common arguments you hear is, “How do I explain this to my kids?”
我们听到的最通常的争议就是:我该怎样向孩子们解释呢?
And it's a very good question, at the very leastit's a very fair question.
这是个好问题,至少是无可厚非的问题。
You wonder if children are sophisticated enough to wrap their heads around something like this, so we went out on the street to ask kids what they think and what they know.And here they are, kids sharing their thoughts on same sex marriage.
大家都想知道孩子们是否足够成熟来理解这件事。因此我们去街上采访孩子们,问问他们对同性婚姻的看法和了解。
Could you tell me what gay marriage is?
你能告诉我什么是同性婚姻吗?
It's when two men and two women get married.
就是两个男人和两个女人结婚。
It's, so, when four people get married?
所以意思是四个人一起结婚喽?
No.
不是的。
Could you tell us what gay marriage is?
你能告诉我们什么是同性婚姻吗?
I know nothing about that yet.
对此我什么都不知道。
You don't know nothing about it?
你什么都不知道?
Why would anyone wanna get married?
人们为什么要结婚呢?
Because they love each other and they just feel connection really.
因为他们彼此相爱,有了羁绊。
Do you think it's a good thing?
你觉得这是件好事儿么?
Yeah.
是的。
Do you know what make somebody gay?
你知道什么是同性恋么?
Yeah. what?
知道。什么?
I got a broken leg.
我摔断了一条腿。
When should two people get married?
两个人应该什么时候结婚呢?
In the afternoon.
下午。
That's a good time to get married.
这的确是个结婚的好时候。
Do you know what marriage is?
你知道什么是婚姻么?
Yes.
知道。
What is it?
是什么呢?
It's when a husband and a wife get married.
丈夫和妻子结婚。
So what do you think gay marriage is?
你觉得同性婚姻是什么呢?
When a boy and a boy get married, and a girl and a girl get married.
男孩儿和男孩儿结婚,女孩儿和女孩儿结婚。
Ah, you are right. You think it's very hard to understand?
你说对了。你觉得这难以理解么?
For some kids.
对有些孩子来说吧。
But not for you?
你不觉得么?
No, not really.
不会,算不上。
Do you think anybody should be able to get married?
你觉得人们什么时候该结婚?
If you are old enough.
足够大的时候。
Very wise.
很机智嘛。
Ah. Do you wanna get married?
你想结婚么?
Yes.
想啊。
When?
什么时候结呢?
When I'm thrity.
我30岁的时候。
Why would someone want to get married?
为什么人们想结婚呢?
Ah. Because they are pregnant?
因为她们怀孕了?
Because they are pregnant? Could you tell us what gay marriage is?
因为她们怀孕了?你能告诉大家同性婚姻是啥么?
Ah. When a boy marries another boy.
男孩儿跟男孩儿结婚。
Ok, could it be when a girl meets...ah... marries another girl?
好的。可以是女孩儿跟女孩儿结婚么?
Ah. No.
不可以。
Just a boy meeting another boy?
只能是男孩儿跟男孩儿结婚?
Yeah.
是的。
Wow, what would be call if a girl married another girl?
喔,那女孩儿跟女孩儿结婚该叫啥呢?
lesbianism.
女同性恋主义。
Do you think anybody should be able to get married if they want to?
你觉得人们都应该想结婚就能结婚吗?
Ah. Yes.
当然。
How come?
为什么呢?
Well. Because if they want to, they should be able to.
因为他们想做,就应该有去做的权利。
Would you want to get married?
你想结婚么?
Uh...Not really.
不太想。
How come?
为啥?
Because when you get married, the other person is entitle to any money on the other person hands.
因为如果你结婚了的话,另一个人就有权力瓜分你的财产了。
So it's a financial issue for you? Yeah.
所以这对你来说是一个财务问题喽? 是的。